Was anyone else sent home at 7 CM.?

I'm wondering... My DD is due with her 3rd Baby! Hoping its a healthy girl! Any way she's 40 weeks! She's 7 CM.! She's getting Scared. She doesn't know what to think! So I'm wondering.. Have you gone through this? No contractions yet! Also her longest pregnancy! Any we can do?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 7:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Shes 7 cm? wow! I went in at 4 cm with contractions that were bothering me/.....short story my friends mother was 10 cm with noooo contractions for hours! then they hit her hard and her baby was born shortly after...lol long story was short :P
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 7:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• At 40 weeks and 7CM, i would think they would keep her!!! I know my OB/GYN would. What was the reason they sent her home again? I have 3 and am pregnant with my 4th. From my understanding all contractions aren't really painful. Did they even test to see if she was having contractions at the hospital?
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• once you're 4cm you're automatically in active labor. maybe she's having contractions and she just can't feel them? sometimes that happens. (actually you have contractions throughout your whole pregnancy that most people can't feel, but that's another topic) what have the doctors said? i'd call the L&D and see if they say to come in or not, just in case
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• They sent her home at 7cm?! Really? Thats surprising to me, something I haven't heard of. I know the hospital I deliver at admits you at 4 and you dont go home until the baby comes.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 8:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My hospital won't let you go home at 4cm. That's absurd. Has she called her OB/GYN and see what they say? g/l
    Seven07

Answer by Seven07 at 8:33 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I've never heard of being sent home at 7cm...I was admitted at 4-5cm with contractions.
    NJMom2Tyler

Answer by NJMom2Tyler at 8:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• They tried to send me home at 7 cm,but I told them they were crazy and they better check again!I lived too far away from my hospital to go home and end up in labor halfway home!Tell her not to settle for that,it could mean having a baby at home or in a car.
    MommyLove23

Answer by MommyLove23 at 8:39 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i think it's probably a good thing. a lot of hospitals would keep you even though you weren't in active labor at 7 cm, and then would start rushing you with all sorts of interventions, but now baby can come on his/her own without having to worry about all of the intervention, which is better for your DD and your new grandbaby! congrats, it will be very soon. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• She's miserable! Tired, worn out Etc.. Her two boys won't leave her alone! The youngest is such a mama's boy! Bless his Heart! But she's not having any known contractions! She hasn't slept in some time! She's worrying.. We're thinking since the first two were Boys! This has to be a sleeping in Baby Girl? Always Late? Making them wait already?? With her first born they told her (After a ultrasound)- you're baby is dead go home! But she didn't listen! She went from the ER to the OB floor & was admitted but then the next day the hospital figured out she was in labor! She had her first at 30 weeks! Let's all wish her the Best! Can you please Help? Wish her the Best? Thank you! We live in the rural country! She went in today! Will be back at 6am!!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 9:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Here in AK, on base they were sending people home at 4, 5, 6, 8 cm!!! It was crazy!!! They said "unless your water breaks or you can't walk you can go home" they made a friend of mine walk around for 10 min and she dialeted another cm, but they still sent her home because "her contractions weren't strong enough to break her water". They ended up breaking her water just like she had to have done with the first one and only admited her because a good friend told them they better or she's stick her in a room herself.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 1:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2009