Example of your toddler's daily menu..

My (almost) two year old daughter just recently decided that she doesn't like to eat anything but a handful of things. I keep trying to come up with meals that she will like, but she continues to shoot me down!

I'm curious to see what other toddlers out there are eating every day, and maybe I can get some ideas!

Thanks!

jklaus

Asked by jklaus at 7:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My little guy loves corn on the cobb he will be too soon, he also likes baby carrots he has recently started denyin alot of foods thou like even stuff he used to love
    charlirose29904

Answer by charlirose29904 at 8:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• well, all toddlers go through this, and the best thing is to just cook whatever you want,, put it in front of them, and if they don't eat, then obviously they're not hungry. DON'T just give in and give them what they want. if they don't eat their breakfast, NO snacks until lunch, and you can either give them something you cook or give them their unfinished breakfast. my ds is going through this, and slowly i'm getting him out of it. he's 2 1/2, he's been doing this since 18 months. i also limit the milk, only milk for breakfast and dinner. (i don't give him more than 16oz a day) as for stuff i make for him: eggs, toast, waffes, poptarts, grits, oatmeal, pb&j, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, speghetti, grilled chicken, mac &cheese, hamburger helper, ect. but like i said, he doesn't eat much. just a few months ago, his idea of a menu was chicken nuggets ONLY. i hated that stage. V8 Fusion helps too cuz fruits and veggies are "ew!"
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My son is nearly 2 and mostly breastfed still.

He eats a couple of bananas, some green smoothie (he loves romaine lettuce), strawberries, and lots of other fruits. He also enjoys cucumber too and recently been eating apples which we picked from close by.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 8:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Both of my sons learned very quickly that i will not tolerate a picky eater.
    My older son does not care much for most types of pasta. ...and my younger son does not like pickles. ...but both of them know that if i give them these things they have to at least try it!
    there has been a few times when they've told me that they dont like broccoli any more (my younger son used to ask for seconds of just broccoli) and i did NOT let that go. They are both now very easy eaters. Meal time is not difficult at all.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 8:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My DD (will be 2 next month) loves all veggies, potatoes, and fruits. So our daily meals are
    Breakfast: cereal, fried potatoes w/ eggs mixed in, oatmeal or fruits with yogurt dip.
    Lunch: sandwiches (grilled cheese, turkey ect) w/ goldfish or a fruit, mac and cheese
    Dinner: pot roast or some form of meat, with at least one veggie and either rice, noodles or mashed potatoes.
    It really changed everyday, but she pretty much eats anything lol. I've found that she will only eat foods that she can feed herself.
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 8:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• my 15 month old loves speggitti,ramon noodles,jello,fruit,...
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• my son is going through the EXACT same thing (he will be 2 nov. 3). To try to make his day a little more healthy, I have started giving him only cheerios for breakfast (he used to get fruit loops, peanutbutter puffs and other sugary cereals). He also gets a banana for breakfast (it is hte only fruit he eats these days). To get him to drink milk, I mix in a little bit of Yogurt Juice.
    He doesn't eat lunch (he refuses anything we give him- so we just make him wait it out until dinner). I try to hold off dinner until 7-ish, and between when he refuses lunch and then I give him a very small box of rasins and water to drink (sometimes a little juice).
    By dinner time he is usually pretty hungry, so I feed him a veggie while I am making his main course. His favs are beans and peas and he prefers the canned variety. You can find them without salt.
    He loves chicken nuggets and pbj sandwiches... other than that... good luc
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 9:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• my son is pretty fickle w/ food, but I try to alternate what he eats so it doesnt become too predictable and boring lol. breakfast this morning was a banana, milk (he insisted on a refill lol) and cheerios. lunch was leftover beef ravioli, green beans on the side, and dinner was pasta alfredo.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:56 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My son will eat anything he can feed himself. well except for breakfast, he will say "help you" which really means help me..... breakfast is grits,oatmeal,scrambled eggs,sugar free dry cereal and milk... then a fruit cup or yogurt lunch/dinner is chicken nuggets, fish sticks, butter noodles, rice and beans, sandwich and a veggie like green beans or carrots and a cheese stick. he gets milk for breakfast and dinner and juice for lunch. water with snacks.

colorsofgrey

Answer by colorsofgrey at 10:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• My 14 month old has scrambled eggs, toast with butter or peanut butter, whole wheat bagels, pureed fruit or banana, waffles, sausage links, or infant cereal for breakfast. Beverage is milk.

For lunch, she has deli meat, crackers, fruit, chicken or beef, cheese, saltines with peanut butter or graham crackers for lunch. Beverage is milk.

For her afternoon snack, she will have yogurt, muffins, pureed vegetables or whole vegetables, mashed potatoes, graham crackers, chicken or beef, hotdogs, or pasta. Beverage is water.

For dinner, she will eat any of the just about the same things she eats for lunch or snacks. Beverage is water.

For her evening snack, she usually has Cheerios or graham crackers.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2009