Pickles??

My MIL let my 6.5 month old taste a dill pickle at dinner and she LOVED it! She just held it while she sucked/chewed on it, but then I told her to stop because I didn't know if it was bad for her lol...Is it okay to let her have a pickle??

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 8:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• to my knowledge its fine
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• The juice from the pickle might sour her tummy before or after breast milk or formula. I would wait till she's a little older. 6.5 months is a little young to have one in my opinion.

mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 8:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• That's about the age I would give them..they are great for teething. I would however use whole pickles as they are less likely to fall apart and turn into a choking hazard. Just watch and see how she does.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 8:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Since your dd enjoyed it, it is fine.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 8:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Since your dd enjoyed it, it is fine.

Just because she enjoys it doesn't make it ok. Your child would enjoy pop or candy but it's NOT fine to give it to her. Like I said earlier, it might sour her tummy and give her a tummy ache.
    mommymine3

Answer by mommymine3 at 8:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Ya I was worried it might hurt her belly...I mean she doesn't HAVE to have them, I rarely eat them myself but I figured since she loved it....
    She never gets that excited over any vegetable
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I wouldn't let her have them very often... but I think it's fine.
    They are pretty high in salt... but the face they make with the taste a sour pickle is pricless!
    Just watch really close beucase they can get chunks off.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 9:31 PM on Sep. 14, 2009