Anything to use for hair that gets really oily?

My hair is so bad, you can't even tell I washed it yesterday. It looks like I haven't had a bath in three days, but it gets oily the very next day and I'm tired of feeling like I look like a skank everyday, and I don't want to wash it every single day because the ends aren't oily and get dried out from washing it too much.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If you get oily hair, then you have to wash it every day. I unfortunately have the same problem. I use head and shoulders shampoo and wash my hair every day. My hair will look good for the day if I do.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 8:08 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Start washing it less. It takes time, but your scalp will adjust and create less oil. You can even try not using shampoo at all. Baking soda and vinegar work really well, but again, there's an adjustment period where your hair is going to look and feel DISGUSTING. Once you get past it though, it'll be worth it.
    MrsBlack530

Answer by MrsBlack530 at 9:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Instead of shampoo, make a paste with baking soda and apple cider vinegar.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:32 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• If you use a good moisturizing conditioner your hair will know and produce less oil. May take about a week. The same goes for faces, if they are oily then use a moisturizer to even things out.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 11:26 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• If you don't want to wash your hair constantly you can use baby powder! sprinkle a little bit at a time on your scalp and brush it in. It will absorb the excess oil in your hair and even make it look a little thicker. I hope this helps, good luck!
    EODMommy

Answer by EODMommy at 3:05 PM on Oct. 5, 2009

• dry shampoo. and use products specially made for your hairtype.
    siren_sexy

Answer by siren_sexy at 2:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2009