Home Businesses

Do the business you do from home require down lines? you know where you have to go after others in order to make $. Are there in home business that do not reqiure a person to place these boring ads on this sites and others. "want to work form home? own your own business" click here for more details. I know you need customers to make any business to work, but it seem like such a headache to have to explain to so many ppl what it is you do to make $, some even lie about the home bus. Just my thoughts! what are yours?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• There are. In fact I don't know of ANY that REQUIRE you to build a downline. You always have the choice of focusing simply on your product/service sales. But by building a downline you are able to profit from the work of others as well... I have 3 home businesses and really only do recruiting for one of them... And if I didn't want to, I could simply focus on marketing the services if I wanted... So, it's really up to you with most. But you will earn faster if you do build a downline...

Sabrina M Bowen
    www.SabrinasCloset.info

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 8:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I don't participate in anything that requires you to build a downline. What I have created is simply a series of work at home articles on eHow. They contain excellent resources, ideas and information for working at home. Of course, they are all put together on my website:

athome.yolasite.com

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 8:47 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I work at home and its all about approach. You get a few ppl under you then they do the work b/c they get more ppl. Anyway I always recommend LiveOps. Google www.LiveOps.com you answer phone calls from home and type in info.
    sugahmamma

Answer by sugahmamma at 8:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I work at home and absolutely love it! I work with a comp that recently won an award with the BBB so it is no scam! There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, no MLM. Feel free to contact me at rebeccabowen@live.com or visit my website at www.beingunited.com. I would love to answer any questions that you have! Thanks
    Rebecca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 9:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I really enjoy doing the Scentsy Wickless Candles program it is so easy to sale.  People just really seem to like the product they are attracted to it.  You do one party for people and you get one more if not more.  I really enjoy it is a great product you will absolutely love it. 

patchthatpays

Answer by patchthatpays at 10:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• The reason that I started my own business was to have the ability to build my business the way I wanted. It is my choice if I want to build a team or just retail the products. I chose to create my business like a large corporation where the owner is not doing all the work but has a team of people helping with the work. I would rather have 100 people doing 1% of the work instead of 1 person doing 100%. I think team building (recruiting) has a huge misconception of what it really is. If you opened a brick and motar business would you not eventually have employees who help get the job done and you all share in the profit??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:34 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Any home business is going to either require you sell products or sell yourself (downline). I hate selling products so I choose the work with companies that reward me for advertising.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:42 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I personally do not go "after" anyone. I offer it - it is definitely NOT for everyone. Quite frankly, these types of web sites posting "work from home" do not work. I have been there and done it, my best results are actually talking to people personally. I like to find people looking for me.

It's all about time leveraging. All businesse use it, you just don't get paid for it. I decide I want to work 10 hours a week. I teach and train 10 people on my team to work 10 hours a week. I am getting the benefits of working 110 hours per week, they however have the same benefits. I kind of relate it to an ice cream store, there is only so much ice cream I can scoop, so I teach others how to scoop ice cream, but where the beaty lies is that they also have the opportunity to open up their own ice cream stores and find others.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 6:35 PM on Sep. 15, 2009