OMG.... Jock itch!

My husband gave me jock itch and I am miserable. We are both treating it now, but I am having trouble wearing underwear. I just don't think I can bring myself to wear no underwear at all. Has anyone ever had jock itch and how long did it take to go away? Did you have to ditch the underwear? I am so aggravated with my husband I won't let him touch me with a 10 ft pole!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:16 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Health

• Hit the shower. Wash the infected area thoroughly with an antibacterial soap such as Dial, Safeguard or Lever 2000 and then rinse well, suggests Dr. Ramsey.

JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 8:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Blow away jack itch. If you've got the itch, you need to keep the crotch area as dry as possible. Use a hair dryer after showering, recommends Dr. Ramsey. "Just make sure its on the coolest setting. Otherwise, the heat could make you perspire--and that defeats the purpose of drying the area."

Grab a towel. If you don't have access to a hair dryer, towel-drying is just fine--if you do a thorough job. Be sure to dry your groin area very well, suggests Dr. Ramsey.

Get creamed. After you've dried yourself completely, use an over-the counter cream containing the ingredients miconazole and clotrimazole (found in Lotrimin and Micatin). If you use the cream daily, following directions on the tube, you can knock out a mild case in about two to four weeks, according to Dr. Ramsey. More serious infections, however, will require a prescription.
    JoyandLove

• what is jock itch??? sometimes i get stinky sweaty hurting raw under bobbie rash as well as sometimes in my groin area, i put athletes foot cream on it---- i know gross--- but it is gone by the end of they day or the next morning, is that jock itch?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• OP here- Jock itch is a fungal infection- basically ringworm. My hubby had athlete's foot, and it obviously spread to the groin and then to MY groin. It itches and leaves scaly patches. I think you might have had it too. I am finding that straight up iodine works best. It's the underwear thing that is getting me...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I just realized that I have it as well and the underwear is killing me! I went without for a couple of days over the weekend, but I'm not going commando to work. I went out and bought some boy leg panties so that the seam isn't cutting me right where I'm irritated. Hope it works 'cause this is miserable.
    Anonymous