how old should my daughter be to potty train?

mousey09

Asked by mousey09 at 8:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• WHEN MY KIDS WERE 10 MONTHS AND THEY STARTED DOING THE POOPY FACE I WOULD CARRY THEM OVER TO THE POTTY. WHEN THEY STARTED TO WALK I WOULD TAKE THEM EVERY 30 MINS. EVEN IF THEY DIDNT PEE OR POOP. WHEN THEY DID PEE OR POOP, I WOULD MAKE A BIG DEAL OUT OF IT. THEY ENJOYED THEIR MOMENT TO SHINE. BOTH MY 5 YEAR OLD AND 2 YEAR OLD STARTED TO GO BY THEMSELVES AT 14 MONTHS. IT'S A GOOD THING TO TRY. GOOD LUCK!

SOON2BMARTINEZ

Answer by SOON2BMARTINEZ at 12:36 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• every kid is diff. some are ready @ 2 some not till 3. she will let you know when shes ready...
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 8:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• i always say at least start trying by 2, just take small steps and have ALOT of patience. i started with both my kids at 2 my daughter was completely potty trained before she turned 3 and my son he still wears pull ups at night but he is usually dry.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 9:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• It just depends on your daughter. My daughter stopped wetting her diaper at night when she was 18months old. Every morning it was dry. So I started putting her on the potty as soon as she woke up and she would go. Now she is 20months and has just started wearing panties. So far its great, she tells me "pee pee mama pee pee" when she needs to go pee or poop, and we always make it to the potty. I haven't pushed her or anything, she has just been ready to do it. :)

jm14879

Answer by jm14879 at 11:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2009