what to do about neighbors that make our neighborhood look like trash

we live in a new home as well as 2 of our neighbors and everyone else lives desent and has clean homes and are quiet and friendly. EVERYONE thou is tired of the newer neighbors that have 7 kids- one on the way- no jobs and have "freinds" that are "camping" in the back yard. There 2 youngest kids (around 5yrs old) run around the street (we live on a dead end round but close to a major road) play in our yards and have even drawn on my door and run into my garage with there bikes, on multiple occasions Yes with me home and telling them to leave.. We have all complained, called the cops and still nothing can be done. I l0ve kids and we are friendly with these neighbors but enough is enough. were tired of worrying that when we come home our house, kids toys will be messed w and parents dont care.We dont think of ourselves better but we miss our quiet clean neighborhood, without couches in the front lawn and afraid to leave CONT

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• OUR HOUSE. wHAT CAN BE DONE? SORRY I FTHIS ISN'T REALLY A RELATIONSHIP QUES DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO PUT IT.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• if you have tried confronting them about the situation & youve already gotton the cops involved. maybe you start a petition w/ the other neighbors & file a complaint w/ the city...
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 8:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Wow that sucks I would seriously think about leaving that area I know you don't want to but damn that is a miserrable way to live. Is there anyway you and the good neighbors can drive them out...lol I wish it were that easy. Hang in there.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Most communities have an ordinance regarding things like this. (if inside city limits I should add) Just call the police and ask them who to call. Sometimes it's the health dept. Sometimes it's the fire marshall. Just call and ask. You could even try City Hall where they make the ordinances.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• if the children are running aroun unchecked like you said, have you tried CPS. having them in your life motivates you to clean things up more than police officers occaionsally knocking on your door
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Oh wow, I think you are neighbors with my old neighbors. We called OCS and nothing was ever done. We had the opportunity to move so we sold our house and never looked back.
    FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 10:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2009