If its going to suck so bad, why do most doctors want the public option?

"There should be no confusion about where doctors stand in the debate over expanding health insurance coverage: they want reform," said Risa Lavizzo-Mourey, president and CEO of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. "This survey reveals important information about the perspective of physicians on issues central to the health reform debate. Policy makers should listen to their doctors."

"We found that no matter how you sliced the data, physicians demonstrated majority support for a public health insurance option, regardless of their type of practice or where they live," said Keyhani.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 9:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• A Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) study published in Monday's New England Journal of Medicine shows that 63 percent of physicians support a health reform proposal that includes both a public option and traditional private insurance. If the additional 10 percent of doctors who support an entirely public health system are included, then approximately three out of four physicians nationwide support inclusion of a public option. Only 27 percent support a private-only reform that would provide subsidies for low-income individuals to purchase private insurance.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:25 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• http://www.rwjf.org/
    sweet-a-kins

• Weird... because all the doctors I've talked to don't want it.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:41 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

WEIRD, How many doctors do you know? is it more than the New England Journal of Medicine?

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:43 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Look, I'm not trying to start anything. And actually I know quite a few since I've worked as 2 different hospitals here. Plus there are three that live on out block. I'm just saying that it's weird to read this because all of the ones I've talked to don't want it. Why do you always feel the need to jump down everyone's damn throat all the time?! Jesus H Christ!

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:46 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• *at*
    anime_mom619

• I wasn't, Why did you feel the need to be snarky and sarcastic with the WEIRD comment? All I did was answer in the exact form that you replied with .....so if your upset with me, you should look in a mirror and reflect

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:51 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Yeah, they do support a public OPTION, but not necessarily hr3200, which according to the Mayo clinic does not provide the kind of reform it would take to provide good quality patient care at lower costs.

Option is capitalized because, well, it's not realty an option under the plan, insurance is mandatory, under this bill right?
    Now would you call that a flip, or a flop? ;-P
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Option is capitalized because, well, it's not realty an option under the plan, insurance is mandatory, under this bill right? Now would you call that a flip, or a flop? ;-P

The option is public option doesn't refer to choice to have or not have insurance. It refers to insurance that would be available to everyone. So if your job doesn't offer it, or you don't like what they offer, you can buy into the public option

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:58 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Mayo, North American Spine Society, American Association of Neurological Surgeons, Congress of Neurological Surgeons,American Society of Anesthesiologists,  and many many more OPPOSE IT.

Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 10:00 PM on Sep. 14, 2009