What does experience as a stay at home mother teach that education can not?

Are there experiences that have helped you grow as a woman due to being a stay at home mom that you never learned anywhere else?

Harlem-GADiva

Asked by Harlem-GADiva at 9:54 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• This question can not only be answered by a stay at home mom, but any mother in general. Being a mom helps every woman learn things, that well, only can come from someone being a mother. Educations teaches you knowledge. Being a mother teaches you love. And to learn the things that money simply cannot buy.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:57 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I would say patience!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 9:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I would have to say that I have learned patience and the enormous amount love that you can't get anywhere else. I wouldn't trade it for the world. I am not a stay at home mom but I only work 20 hours a week.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:03 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Patience....love....creativity....equality....compassion....empathy....strength
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 10:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Oh---and how to race a broom through the house before the baby grabs the dirty puff out of the pile of trash...hehe
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 10:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• that no matter how much time i spend with my DD she is still gonna be a butt.

i have a BS degree in child development and there are countless things that i would never have learned if i wasnt a mom. i dont think it has much to do with being a SAHM, but just a mom in general.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• The importance of "Thank you"

I never hear it enough these days and it reminds me to tell my mother more and more how much I appreciate all she did for me for all those years.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2009