Pay attention people

My DH is a school bus driver and he has seen alot of people not pay attention to the lights on a bus. So my plea is for you to pay attention to the bus. See if there are any lights on. Today in Houston, TX there was a teen hit because a driver failed to observe the lights. Today there was a car that went by my dhs bus while the lights were on. Today there was a bus driver that my hubby took over his route last year and this yr and was killed because of a blind spot from the highway. My plea is for people to pay attention to the kids outside and the bus that picks them up. You never know what might happen. I am sure that your employer will want you to be late if it means you stop for a bus when their lights are on. Did people forget that it is the law to stop for a bus. You never know what the day might bring. I hope this opens the eyes of people that don't watch out for busses because there are angels on them

momof1boy

Asked by momof1boy at 10:07 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in

• I hope your hubby got the license # of the person who passed him. Bus drivers here can and do report people like that to the police. I totally agree with you, pay attention, what if it was your kids on the bus?
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• They tell call it in on their radio to dispatch, but they wont call the police. But he saw her come out of her driveway so I am sure he will be watching her close tomorrow.
    momof1boy

Answer by momof1boy at 10:40 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Yeah, the drivers call dispatch, but dispatch will call the cops and the cops will find them and give them a written warning.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 10:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Thank you! I wrote a journal about this and only made it on the popular for one day! People like the drama crap better I guess.

It's really hard for the drivers to get a plate number and then report it. This happens everyday with my sons school bus. I have called and pleaded with our local police department and they just can't be there everyday. I have enjoyed and snickered to myself when I see the jerks get busted. People are just not paying attention, don't care, on the phone or just don't know the law and that is no excuse! If it was their child they would want the same respect. It's about safety.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1519202/My_vent_for_the_day_and_PSA

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 9:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• You know...a story of irony here that made me laugh. I was waiting behind a bus last year going to get my husband. Douchebag goes around the bus and there was a cop right there.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:39 PM on Sep. 15, 2009