baby number two

how long between giving birth and trying for another should you wait. Ive been hearing 14 months, 16months and 18months

dewey_scoles

Asked by dewey_scoles at 10:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• totally up to you, we are going to start trying when our son turns 2 next month. just never felt like we were ready until recently... good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I didnt want another till recently otherwise I was all for only one
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 10:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

lol i was the same! i am the other pp
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I became pregnant with my daughter 6 months after giving birth to my son! It was NOT planned! I wouldn't recommand trying that soon after the first because I was still worn out from the FIRST pregnancy. And in all honesty, my second pregnancy was physically harder than the first. I wasn't planning on having another child for YEARS but that was our fault for not using birth control. I am VERY happy with my daughter though...I couldn't imagine my life without her :-)
    CrystalJanie

Answer by CrystalJanie at 10:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I am a psychology student, and if you go by what I was taught you should either have your second before the first is 18 months, or after they have turned 3 years old. This is because between those time periods they are really learning who they are as an individual and a new baby can complicate that. Now, myself, I wanted another when my son was 2 1/2 months old, but his dad and I didn't end up staying together and now my first is 8 years old, and I am 9 months pregnant with my second. The gap is HUGE, but it's been pure bliss not having to chase around a little one while going through pregnancy. It's been so easy when I don't feel well, he really can fend for himself (and me some days, lol). I wouldn't say you have to wait until your kid is halfway to being a teenager like mine is, but I wouldn't go back and change the way I did things too much either.
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 10:55 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• You could ask your Doc for advice. . . I was told to wait at least 18 months but I had a c-section. .
    chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009