Natural Laxative?

Okay, so I had my gallbladder taken out back in July. B4 that I was very regular. Since then I can go a week or more w/o "going". My doc gave me Miralax and Dolculax to take together the 1st time this happened. It worked. But, it happened again and the combo didnt work. So they upped me to this HORRIBLE FOUL tasting medication used to cleanse your insides. I'm supposed to drink all of it, but I'm not even but 1/4 done w/ it and it makes me want to puke. I wont be able to drink the rest w/o feeling sick all night everytime I drink it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a natural laxative? Please any ideas appreciated. THIS HURTS.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Health

• OMG, YES!! Watermelon. Eat lots of watermelon.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• You can try either senna or magnesium citrate. The magnesium citrate works very well & usually fairly quickly. You can get it at a natural health food store. A good brand is Natural Calm. Just follow the instructions on the package.
    mom2aspclboy

Answer by mom2aspclboy at 10:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Dried plums. I ate 6 a day with each one of my pregnancies. It was the only way I could stay regular.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:24 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Sunflower seeds and fruits should help.
    JoyandLove

Answer by JoyandLove at 10:30 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• cut way back on, or eliminate meat and dairy and simple grains and sugars. drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water a day. base your diet on fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes. send me a message offlist for meal and recipe ideas.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2009