is it normal for my 3 Month old Son Joshua to be fussy at night like very very fussy where i try to feed him,change him,play with him,rock him,swing him,give him a bath,ect but he stops when i hold him then he fall asleep,and he olny does this 3 times out of the week and then he not fussy.what can i do to make him not fussy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well if nothing is working except holding him, just hold him. he is probably just missing you and wants some lovin
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 10:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Could be a slight case of colic. My nephew was doing the same thing and my SIL found out it was colic.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 10:19 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• does he sleep enough? sometimes being overtired makes babies have a really hard time falling asleep. But he is really young, so maybe colic? my twins screamed from 11pm-5am every night for three months and it was pure colic. holding them didnt even help. All day long they were fine.

Take care! (And dont worry, it will get easier!!)
    fiveallmineblog

Answer by fiveallmineblog at 10:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• All babies are different. Has he been fussy in the evening (the time when colic, gas etc. makes them cranky and not even holding seems to work) ever since he was born? Structure to the evening to help him and you wind down from the activity of the day? I let my son cuddle in on me on his stomach and early on he would settle this way and go to sleep after a feed and burp. My body heat kept his tummy warm, lots of patting of the back and butt, and it let me get some doze time too. I wasn't worried about whether or not I could hear him breathing either that close. Babies that age don't need a bath every night so on evenings of the full bath I plan it for between feedings and close to the last feed before 'bedtime' so he's clean, cozy since post bath is moisturizing massage, clean and dry, and same set up as usual bedtime with room light dim, cuddle and rock while feed and then he's ready to go down for the night.
    dlcthrix3

Answer by dlcthrix3 at 12:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2009