Maybe stupid ?, but what is bronchitis like for 8 month old

How can I tell if maybe my 8 month old has bronchitis. What would be some syptoms? She has a cough (incosistant, sometimes sounds pretty bad) she has lots of mucus when breathing (rashpy) and at times she gets wheezy, but not all the time. She has had this cold for about week.

MommyPeck3

Asked by MommyPeck3 at 10:29 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if shes raspy sounding and wheezy its probably bronchitis i'd take her into the doc to make sure and see if there is anything they can give her, there is a cough syrup for babies (my dd had a horrible cold at 3 months got prescription cough syrup) but the only way to get it is from a doc.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:18 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• thanks we are going tomorrow! I was just curious, if I was over reacting. She had RSV at 5wks with collapsed lung and I get paranoid every cold she gets.
    MommyPeck3

Answer by MommyPeck3 at 11:52 PM on Sep. 14, 2009