Should I relocate? And how?

Me and dh recently separated and I'm now taking care of our daughter's alone. I would file for child support but the courts say it could take up to a year to get a court date and I need to feed my children now! lol anyways, I recently received my assoc. in bus. admin and am still in school to get my bachelor's. I am having the hardest time finding a job! I had my resume reviewed twice to make sure it was perfect. I've been applying for jobs for 4 mos now and I have not even gotten a call back. I've even stopped applying for jobs in my field and started applying at jobs like wal-mart sales assoc. It's so frustrating! My funds are running low and I was thinking of relocating back up north to Philly. The job market here in SC is so terrible! I think they are the 2nd lowest in the country. Is this a good idea and how would I go about it. I don't have any family we could stay w/ so I would be moving w/ no support.

DaGoodLife

Asked by DaGoodLife at 10:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• Have you asked him for some money?
    I too have a degree, in Accounting, and haven't gotten a job since Dec 2008 (9-months now!). And I live in CA.
    I've been applying for cashiering and stocking jobs; Michael's, JoAnn's, etc. Nothing yet.
    Rearch the job market and trends in Philly. I would NOT move anywhere without a job offer first.
    Have you tried looking on craigs list to see if another single mother wants a roommate? Lots of mom's are roommating now-a-days.

It's not only you, don't be down on yourself.
    BingsMommy

Answer by BingsMommy at 3:58 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I wouldnt move until I got a job wherever it is that are hiring. This means, the job need to be in the bag before I move.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• How are you conducting your jobsearch? Are you on Linkedin? Are you attending networking events? When you send a resume, is it accompanied by an individualize cover letter?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:32 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Yes, I'm on almost every job searching website, network on twitter and on FaceBook, I use a cover letter for every job I apply for.
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 10:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I definitely wouldn't move until a job is lined up. Have you ever thought about working from home? I am a stay at home Mom to a 2 year old and 6 month old. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:22 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Thank you Bings mommy, I just thought that by now I would have gotten a job. But the economy is messed up right now so....I ask him for some money and he gives me what he can but he's not really working now anyways. My family has been helping me w/ the kids needs so that's the reason my funds haven't been dwindling so fast
    DaGoodLife

Answer by DaGoodLife at 9:01 PM on Sep. 15, 2009