IS FINGER PAINT 2 MESSY FOR A TODDLERS BDAY ACTIVITY?

ahawes

Asked by ahawes at 10:59 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yeah.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• It would be a lot of fun for the kids, but not so much for you:) I wouldn't do it.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 11:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• No. Just make sure that you inform the parents that you will be doing finger painting so they need to dress the children accordingly and/or bring extra clothes. I think finger paints is a great idea! i bet those kids will have a blast!
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:09 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• at my best friends son's bday, he turned 4 the week before easter, we dyed eggs. she just told everyone before hand that way they could bring clothes that were safe to get dirty, she also had some smocks for the kids who's parents forgot stuff. if you can do it outside, do it outside (since it was april we just spread a bunch of newspaper on the porch and set the kids up there) if not, i'd spread a giant piece of protective plastic down (check hardware stores) and then some old sheets or something that can get messy on top of that, and make sure someone is watching the kids before they leave that area and they are clean enough to go wherever else in the house. it'll be fun for the kids, but you'll probably want to ask a friend to come keep an eye on that activity so you can still be the hostess otherwise.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:14 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• 1. Inform parents in invite. possibly a swimsuit friendly party?
    2. Have it OUTSIDE! With waterhose near ;-) (so this isnt something id suggestion in december!)
    Have it out in the grass & when the kids are done hose them down!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 11:37 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I think it sounds like a lot of fun, but I am the kind of parent who doesn't care if my child gets dirty. I agree that letting the parents know before hand is a good idea, so they can wear or bring old clothes. I like the idea of having it outside then hosing the kids off, but if you can't do that because the weather or whatever just put down an old sheet or plastic. Most finger paints are washable and come out of pretty much everything anyway.

lilysmom2607

Answer by lilysmom2607 at 11:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2009