Is it possible to have gestational diabetes at 11 weeks?

I'm going to talk to my doctor next week at my next appointment. But, I wanted other viewpoints to maybe catch something I could be missing. I am 11 weeks pregnant and get shaky for no reason...really shaky and lightheaded. It's worse 1st thing in the morning until I eat something. Does anyone know if this could be GD or something else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think its pretty common what you are feeling. Remember that you have a lot more blood pumping through you right now. I remember getting lightheaded when I would sit up or just at random times and not feeling so hot if I didnt eat. Still, as always, talk to your doctor!
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:10 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Low blood sugar isn't necessarily a symptom other than waiting too long to eat (eight hours is a long time without food...it's why the call it 'breaking the fast' aka breakfast!) or shaking can be caused by being dehdrated.

Make sure you are getting plenty of water, and if you happen to get up once in the night to pee or just stir away, eat some crackers or nuts or something that you keep beside your bed. Your body is growing a lot of blood volume, releasing a lot of hormones, and rearranging structures so it is demanding a lot of food.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 11:13 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I had GD at 10 weeks with my first dd, so yes it is very possible. I had no symptoms, with that pregnancy, I had GD with all 3 pregnancies and had different symptoms each time. Ask your doctor at your next appointment.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 10:29 AM on Sep. 15, 2009