1 year old bfing schedual

How often and when do you nurse your 1 year old? is it on demand or pretty schedualed? are you working towards a weaning? or letting them self wean? just trying to get ideas, thanks ladies

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 11:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• On demand lasts forever in breastfeeding. And it's the best way to encourage weaning...let them nurse only when they want to. As they get older and busier and eat more solids, they want to less and less.

I did don't offer don't refuse beginning at one year. Weaned at 26 months. I've seen moms reach weaning with this method as early as 13 months.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:16 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• my littleo ne is 15months now,but when she was one i was wanting to wean the decided to let her kind of wean herself,we were on a feeding schedual,she only ate 3times a day from me(usaly when she took her naps and went to bed at night). now she only eats from me once a day when she goes to bed.
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 6:59 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My son is 13 months old and I do the Don't Offer Don't refuse method and he still nurses a lot during the day. I plan on letting him wean himself. Now when we're out or at our families he could care less about nursing but when we're at home alone he wants it more.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 9:57 AM on Sep. 15, 2009