My period is not regular any more. what could this mean?

I am a new member,, I turned 40 last May. I have two sons, Anas is 16 and Omar is 6 years old. I had 2 mc's about 18 months ago and I am ttc since then.

My last regular period started on May 18. then missed for june and july.. After taking a medication prescribed by my doctor (Daufaston) I had my period on August the 8th. However, again nothing yet till today..It is so frustrating. Waht's annoying is the ucomfortable, difficult to explain-feeling I started to feel about a year ago pre- my period. it fells like mild nausea and discomfort in the upper part of my stomach. ANY HELP??!!!!

THANK YOU

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:06 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It could be pre-menopause. It's really common for a woman's menstrual cycle to go a little crazy at this age. The nausea is a symptom of that, especially if accompanied by hot flashes or vertigo. I don't know about the pain in your upper abdomen. The miscarriages could also be due to this. Most people think menopause comes on suddenly, but it actually takes many years of winding down, and most women are post-menopausal by 50ish.

Other than that, it could be a different type of hormonal imbalance, stress, a change in eating or exercise habits etc etc.

There are fertility medications and treatments for those conditions, though, so if you are really wanting another baby then you should talk to your doctor about running some tests so you know for sure and then go from there.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:12 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• While I wonder why ladies that are in their 40's (which my mom is) want to have more babies when they are old enough to be grandmas?? My mom tells me all the time that she is glad that she can't have babies now because she wouldn't be able to keep up with them ALL the time like a mom should.

I agree that due to your age it could be menopause starting to come around. Maybe a thyroid problem?? I really don't know cause I'm not a dr.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Just cause your mom thinks she too old doesnt mean other moms are! I know quite a few older moms who keep up just fine thanks. Did you seriously have to say that to this woman? You dont know anything about her. She can probably run circles around you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I wasn't trying to be mean, just opening up an invitation for a reply as to why older moms would want to be that instead of just waiting a while more to be grandmas. And no I don't know anything about her, that's why I don't know if it could be menopause, or a thyroid issue, or even a mental issues (the mind playing tricks on her body). I was raised by grandparents that should have stayed just that because by the time I got into wanting to be active in school, they weren't able to keep up. So I couldn't do anything at night, I couldn't do extra curricular activities, I couldn't have friends over, I couldn't go over to a friend's house, I wound up having to spend my childhood and teenage years taking care of them!!! So it's not unreasonable that I wonder why older women want to have babies.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I too was raised by my grandparents. And I am greatful to them even though, yeah I too took care of them as a young adult. But it was either that or be raised by a woman who was too selfish to stop her life long enough to take care of her own child! So quit boo hooing about missing a few sleep overs & some volleyball games & either answer the lady's question or move on. Let's quit high jacking her question now. ok?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• something that might work is chiropractic care. My cycles were all over the place when I got them back after my 2nd child. Then I hurt my neck so I started going to the chiro. My cycles started going like clockwork. Chiro said she sees that all the time. google chiropractic and fertility
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2009