healthy fat ideas?

just got back from the doc, and ds has dropped in his percentile weight, so they want us to try and include more fats in his diet and up his caloric intake. I'm going to start giving him whole milk instead of the water he usually drinks (he's still bfing too). Going to try and use more olive oil and avacados in his food, after that I'm at a loss for what to do, any suggestions?

gypsymama532

Asked by gypsymama532 at 11:15 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Omega 3 usually from fish, but you can get it at a supplement store. You can add a little of that in with a clove of garlic and some olives. Mix in a food processor, and you have a very nutritious spread to put on bread, or on crackers. My 21 month old really likes it when I put it on toast for her. I have to cut it up in squares, but she likes it. He can also just eat olives plain. Most children like this. In addition, lean cuts of beef are good, cheese, eggs, coconut, butter, and sour cream.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:39 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• you got the right idea! whole milk, olive oils, avacado...thats actually all I can think of lol
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 11:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Peanut butter maybe? Avocados & olive oil were the first things I thought of too.
    4time-mom

Answer by 4time-mom at 11:28 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• breastmilk is whole milk
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 1:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2009