sleep

My daughter is almost eight months old and she still wont sleep throught the night...does anyone have any suggestions?

mamatobe1989

Asked by mamatobe1989 at 11:17 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my son is 2 months old and has only slept through the night on 3 different occasions. wat i do is keep him up longer than he would usually stay awake for. like cut his naps a little shorter. and give him a bath an hour before he goes to bed. he sleeps more peaceful and has slept through the night. but there has been a time or two where the bath didnt work. but it couldt hurt to try it.
    krisew90

Answer by krisew90 at 12:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My boys didn't sleep through then night until they were 12 months and I took away the bottle. From about 6 or 7 months on they slept from about 9pm to 3 or 4 am, woke up for a bottle and went back to sleep until 8 or 9am. Taking away the bottle for them was definitely the defining point of sleeping through the night.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:19 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• "Sleeping through the night" is a mere five hours. Dusk to dawn isn't something that commonly happens in year one.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:25 AM on Sep. 15, 2009