Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what do i need if im taking my son on a air plian?

do i need his birth certificate?

Answer Question

Asked by enaNianza at 11:36 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 12 (752 Credits)
Answers (3)
  • Copies of his documents since he doesn't have a picture ID yet and you'll be traveling and may not know what you will need to have wherever you are going especially if a medical emergency. Insurance information and pediatrician's numbers etc. Is he young enough to be in a car seat/ booster seat or old enough to use a CARES harness? Go to airlines website since they may have their own requirements for what documents and carry ons can go with a child. There is some debate out there about why there is no requirement for use of a restraint for a child under 2 (look up JetWithKids?) and the regulations at Use the family and first time flyers line at security gate so not as rushed through when traveling with a child/children and all their extras. Have a good trip.

    Answer by dlcthrix3 at 12:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

  • If you're traveling with a baby make sure you bring a binky for them to suck on while your taking off and landing. It will help with the ear popping. A toddler maybe some type of chewy candy. Like the PP said make sure you bring all important docs. You never know exactly what you'll need!

    Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:45 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

  • We flew with our son when he was 8 weeks old for the first time. If you fly internationally you will need a passport, no matter how old he is. We also brought everything he would need for 10 hours (we flew to Germany), like diapers, wipes, extra sets of clothes, we brought PJ's since it was an overnight flight. We also brought his car seat for the airplane and his stoller to get around the airport easier. In the end we checked both since they had a free bassinet. I brought blankets and I bf'ed during take off and landing.Or like 2murphyboys said, bring a binky. Not sure how old your kid is.Birth Cert. is probably not a b ad idea if not having a passport...If your kis is older...bring toys, something to draw maybe...have fun!:)

    Answer by januarymom81 at 4:13 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.