What do I put/need in a diaper bag?

what do I put in my diaper bag for a newborn for every day use? I have no idea! HELP!

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 11:42 PM on Sep. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, can't stress the extra outfits enough. Little babies tend to have sh*tsplosions and get poopy all over their clothes! I always carried a baby first aid kit with a thermometer, nasal aspirator and medicines (gas drops, teething stuff, diaper rash cream) I think they covered everything else.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:50 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• Diapers, wipes, formula, bottle, pacifier, extra clothes, burp clothes, a bottle of water,
    teresalangston

Answer by teresalangston at 11:44 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• diapers, wipes, burp cloth, extra pacifier, one of those squeezy nose cleaner things, couple of small rattles/stuffed toy, change of clothes for accidents, formula/water/bottles if not nursing... probably more but can't think of anything else at the moment
    isamari

Answer by isamari at 11:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• If you are bottle feeding you are going to want at least 2 bottles in there, and a can of formula. you'll also want about 2 pairs of extra clothing (warm for the winter, comfy and airy for the summer). some baby toys and books. wipes, diapers, ...i find that a small garbage bag or your plastic bags from the stores can be helpful. ...hmmm. what else? it's been a while sense i've packed a baby bag.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 11:45 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• I agree with the other moms here but one piece of advice my mother gave me when I was a new mom was to keep an extra blouse in the diaper bag for yourself,too. You never know when your little one will spit up on you and ruin a blouse! lol
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 11:49 PM on Sep. 14, 2009

• ROBSMOMMY made a great point; bring extra shirt for yourself there were many days i needed new pairs of pants too! It's crazy
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 12:05 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• extra clothes, bib/burp cloth, diapers, wipes, butt cream, bottles, and screw the can of formula, get a formula dispenser. doesn't take as much room. oh and a small bottleof infant tylonal. normally with a small baby you're not going anywhere for long, so don't freak and pack like you're going on a month long trip lol. oh and word of advice, put a change of clothes in the car, so you don't have to keep them in the diaper bag. easier on the shoulders :) as they get older, you'll probly get like me, the only thing in the diaper bag is diapers and wipes. and i leave it in the car, unless it needs refilled. i don't bring it in the house, or the store. unless i know i'm gonna be in the store long.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I kept the usual...diapers, wipes, food, bottled water, extra binky and binky clip for places with dirty floors. + extra clothes for baby and you. (receiving blankets...at least 2)

I kept a small make up bag of first aid items: tylenol, sunscreen (travel size) benadryl, hand sanitizer, thermometer, orajel, nose sucker thingy, fingernail clippers, and his Pediatrician's business card.

****FYI, I agree with the formula dispenser if you are bottle feeding! If nursing, dont forget to put a couple nursing pads in there! And extra clothes for both of you!

My son is 14 months and I still pack everything except the bottles/binky/receiving blankets since he doesnt use them anymore.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:28 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• this was helpful to me too! thanks for asking this question, cause i had no idea either lol!
    thanks everyone!
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 5:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2009