IS this bad?

I have gained 40 pounds in 6months im 24 weeks prego and i dont know how i have gained that much I have not been eating fating stuff whats going on?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I am small-framed and I gained like 60-pounds total. I prob didn't eat as well as I should have, but it surprised me how easily I gained weight. But the Dr. wasn't concerned, and if yours hasn't said anything I wouldn't worry.
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 1:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I gained 70 lbs. with my first pregnancy. It was hard to get the weight off afterwards. At the time, I felt okay with gaining the weight. Try to work out, etc (blah, blah, blah) basically, enjoy your pregnancy, try to eat as good as possible and rest when you need to. Once your kid starts walking (running) the last 20 pounds will melt off.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:12 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Some women have bodies that will work harder to store the energy than others.

I was extremely healthy with my diet/life and ended up 55 pounds (1st baby) and 65 pounds (2nd baby).
    I had wonderful births, amazing & perfect babies... :-D

Are you small-framed? Is this much weight incredibly excessive, in your opinion? If YOU feel that there is something wrong, you can always speak with your doctor/midwife. But to me, it doesn't sound like too big a deal.

Good luck! :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:15 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• with my first I gained about 50 pounds all together (Born 40 1/2 weeks, 8 pounds 14 ounces!) and my second I only gained about 11 (Born at 37 weeks, 6pounds 10 ounces, no problems.)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• everyone is different. if you are eating healthy and getting some exercise (don't over do it!) then you should be fine. it could be that you are eating more than you think though, so maybe you should track your calories for a few days. probably you should get around 2000-2300, right? gl!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2009