Does anyone else feel like doing something for them self for once???

Ok so I am so sick of not doing anything for myself. I have only two outfits and flip flops lol...but of course my kids have EVERYTHING. I am a single mom and I really dont have any other choice, who else will provide for them. Well all of a sudden today I told myself that even if I didnt have enough for it in my budget, I am going to get my hair cut and styled tomorrow and maybe even a pedicure! Do you think this will snap me out of my feeling sorry for myself lately lol. Seriously though has anyone ever just had a screw it moment... I am going to do for myself for once no matter what?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• wat my boyfriend and i do is make a list of all the important things we need with each paycheck.
    ex: diapers, wipes, a&d. some winter outfits for Angel, laundry soap. u kno, the usual. then we go out to the mall, or Walmart and we buy something for ourselves.
    for him, it's Anime. Cigars. Books.
    For me, it's new boots. a winter vest. a cute top.
    my steals are at the mall. i hit up everyone of my favorite stores in the mall and look at all there clearence items. and then choose wat i like best.
    i just bought the cutest Aeropastle vest. its thick. pink/purplen black plaid. originally $99.99. on sale for $79.99.
    I paid $23!!!
    GO BUY YOURSELF SOMETHING NICE! AS LONG AS YOUR CHILDREN HAVE WAT THEY NEED, U NEED 2 REMEMBER U HAVE A LYFE TOO. so go live it, girl!
    n good luck! tell me how it goes!
    krisew90

Answer by krisew90 at 12:35 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Hell yeah!! Take yourself out for a nice lunch, too. Perhaps check out a second hand shop for clothes for yourself. You can get nice, like new clothes for next to nothing. I think the real trick is to not think about your kids or feel guilty while enjoying yourself. Have a great day tomorrow!

I want to drop my kid off at his grandparents for a weekend and just sleep in and not clean the house until 15 minutes before he gets home (extended family lives 4 hours away... can't really drop him off without major plans being made).
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 12:36 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• You deserve it! It's not feeling sorry for yourself. You NEED to do things for yourself and I'm a firm believer that mother's who have their "me time" will be more patient with their children.
    I feel like this sometimes too so just last week I joined a roller derby league. I just snapped and got online and started looking for things to do, that was one of the first things that came up so I said screw it and joined:)
    Have fun tommorrow and DO IT!!
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 12:53 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Thanks guys, and yup I sure will enjoy my day. I know I will feel guilty after though. But I am doing it anyways. Lol so I say now!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Go for it. We spend all of our time making sure that our families are taken care of and not enough time making sure that we take care of ourselves. Everyone deserves to be a little selfish at times.
    nurbabe82

Answer by nurbabe82 at 9:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2009