Do you get the just leave me alone attitude from your teen boy?

Ok so my son just gets in these moods sometimes where he just starts having a bad attitude. He isnt disrespecting me but when I try and come in and talk with him or goof around to make him laugh, he just says with a grumpy voice "leave me alone". Ok so of course he is just acting like a teenager that doesnt always get his way but I just want to hear about other parents having that leave me alone attitude. Or everything is my mothers fault attitude. When will it end!!! lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Hmmm...i think I am guilty of having that attitude myself sometimes....isn't everyone?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• yes i do
    littlemom297

Answer by littlemom297 at 2:23 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Yes I do. He hasn't verbally told me to leave him alone but it shows in his actions. And he answers me in monosyllables.
    Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 4:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Mt daughter does the samething. I leave her alone and the next day all is calm again.
    Timberly

Answer by Timberly at 7:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Yes both my teen DS and teen DD do the samething. They are never rude or disrespectful they just have there times of " please leave me alone". its all part of being a teenager. Your son is growing up and will need some space. As long as he is not acting out or anything,give it to him. He just needs time to himself to relax. Believe it or not kids these days really do have more stress than it may seem like. So its actually best to just give them space when they ask for it. if you don't you only put it at a risk for escalating to complete rudeness and disrespect. Dont worry its just a phase! GL
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 7:56 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Mine is the same way, I swear puberty should be declared a mental illness. If I try to tell my son anything he just looks at me like I have no idea what I'm talking about, he seems to forget that we were teenagers once. I'm hoping it ends soon but I doubt it.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 8:02 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I am a single mom of 1 son , so we have always been close, and Yes, it is normal and YES it hurts my feelings ( but i do not tell him ).
    I just say well, honey I am here if you need to talk or something.
    SissyAnn141

Answer by SissyAnn141 at 9:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Oh yes and it is an adjustment for both of us!
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 9:32 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Oh ya! I am in hopes it passes soon. LOL
    dillonsma

Answer by dillonsma at 11:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• yes i hear it all the time from my 12yr old and i don't leave him alone and then he finally breaks down and tells me what is wrong and gets the stress off his chest and he is fine. He knows i am concerned and that my love for him want allow me to let him suffer alone , they need to talk and thats there way of saying i am hurting. i need to talk. but know how to come to them. teens can't handle the stress and they need advise all the time, if you leave them alone it makes them angry and sad and feel that there not getting the attion there yelling far. when they say leave me alone that is there way of saying i need to talk i have a problem. .
    bamamom2212

Answer by bamamom2212 at 1:54 PM on Sep. 15, 2009