Does anyone else roll their eyes when watching woman giving birth on tv..

ok so I was watching the shows that come on the discovery channel and tlc. I love the shows about woman having the babies. But this one woman on there decided to have a natural birth no matter what and no meds. ok that is fine and very good if you can actually troop it out. hey back in the days woman did it all the time right? well so her and her geeky husband lol were talking about that all woman should try this that it isnt going to be so bad that they need to drug their baby. She kept saying how strong she was. Ok more power to you but she was being a bit snobish about it. lol but dont you know right at the very end super woman gave up and had a epidural. Now let me tell you that I had natural births with all four of my kids including my twins! and not by choice but i alway get ther to late =(. but why put on this big front to prove something to yourself. there is nothing wrong with a epidural! it just agravated me. lol

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• OH YES AND I HAD NO MEDS!! NOT EVEN A TYLENOL LOL. EVEN WITH TWO HUGE TWINS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:50 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It always makes me a little nervous to watch them... They're all about being natural and then all the sudden they're screaming at the top of their lungs. I was a wimp and just decided to go for the epidural ;o)
    brighteyesbryar

Answer by brighteyesbryar at 12:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• But its not being a wimp..thats my whole point. What are you proving when doing that? seriously but then to go and say it will not be hard! lol, ya right!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• LMAO ain't that the way it always is. I had natural with my first. ...... I'd have asked for drugs sooner but my dumb naive butt waited too long and it was too late - that's when you get to "oh well" - you don't start out with "oh well". LOL lesson learned.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:56 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It makes me a little light-headed to watch it.
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 12:57 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• lol...it makes me not only light headed but I want to jump through the screen and shake em!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:58 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Oh wow, if I wasn't married I would have just fallen in love, lol. I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE those shows! Birth Day and Deliver Me are my favorite shows EVER! With my first I got to the hospital to late to have ANYTHING! I was pissed. I asked if I could have something to just knock the edge off and they said nope your almost fully dilated! With my 2nd I decided to do the whole midwife birth in a birthing center thing and it worked out nicely for me. This time I'm going to go natural too but I wouldn't be ashamed or think any less of myself if I had to get pain meds. If I could go back I wouldn't do anything diffrently but I was sure pissed when I didn't get the pain meds with my first, lol.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I guess it's the same as a guy watching a video of another guy getting hit in the nuts. It's pretty much like that for me. I'm just like ohhhh nooo that's a big ole head omga goodness.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• HA yeah I do some people get ridiculous
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• The nurses when I had my first ones talked me into meds cause I was trying without, but they also reminded me that there was nothing more special about doing it without the drugs,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2009