what to do about dh?

after much discusion, budget planning and other deliberation, we decided it was time to ttc baby #2. i had my iud removed in thelast week of july. like 2 weeks later he decides hes notready. but i didnt want to go back n birth control, so i told him if he's not ready he cn rap it up til he is,you know?

well he has gone back and forth and im really getting upset. i thought we were both on board w this, and its important w me that he is on board. last week i was 4 days late, so i started thinking maybe i was pregnant, and startedto get excited. then he told me he wasnt sure how he would feel about ti if i was. and thatpissed me off. he was the one who decided to go forward w it, then he polls this. so i was upset about what to do if i was pregnant.

have any of you been through this? im getting so fed up. i want a baby so bad and he keeps doing this to me.

erika_wright

Asked by erika_wright at 12:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• With my first child my hubby told me to get off my pills, and after the first month when I wasn't pregnant, he told me to get back on them (I didn't because I didn't have any, While I didn't tell him, I felt like he was just too disappointed that it didn't work after the first time) Then a month later he tells me to get off my pills again. And that's about time that I told him I hadn't and that I was late. Turns out I was pregnant. He was actually excited about it because he REALLY wanted one and was just dissapointed when things didn't go his way. So likely he would have kept up the on again off again things because he refused to wrap it up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I can not stand it when they can not make up their minds
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 1:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My husband is like this. he said we can TTC whenever i want, but then he says no it's too soon. i think they are just worried. i am actually kind of like that too... i am so set to get pg then i get scared that we won't be able to pay our bills and idk what to do! that's probably what is going on with him...?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• We had the same spat today! All of the sudden he's sending me job postings and saying he never knew I wanted to be a stay-home mom. After the back and forth I found out that he's soooo excited about the whole TTC thing he went out and bought me a big expensive piece of jewelry. I don't even wear jewelry.

The point is, men have these motives for their moodiness and freak outs just like we do. Wouldn't it be nice if we could read minds? Well we can't. The only thing we can be sure of is the man will want food and he will want sex.

He's probably got some silly idea, like he wants to send the older one to an expensive pre-K or he feels his job might down size. And STUPIDLY he put a new baby in the road-block category. He's worried about money. if they are getting food and sex they worry about money.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:44 PM on Sep. 17, 2009