I know I'm just being grouchy but....

But Every time I see people go off into their religious tirates about God and his all mighty power, I just want to scream GODDESS GODDESS GODDESS!!!!!!!!! And God as according to the bible has always seemed a bit harsh to me. While I apreciate Jesus as a MAN and his work that he tried to do. I think alot of it got covered up by MEN and THE CHURCH!!! I think the BIBLE we read today is FULL of MISTRANSLATIONS and LOTS of things got LEFT OUT to suite those who were in the seat of power!!!!!!! And I know that If I wish others be more tolerant and realize that there are OTHER RELIGIONS that ARE VAILD and JUST AS GOOD AS THEIRS I have to realize the same thing and I'm still working on coming to terms with that. But I'm working on it by not interjecting Goddess into every "GOD" conversation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Are you new to your beliefs? I felt that way too when I first found my little pagan self wandering around :p I felt like I was always being attacked or that my beliefs weren't be respected. If you give yourself some time those feelings will calm down a little bit. Once you settle in a little more it becomes not such a big deal.

If you're not new to your beliefs then disregard everything I said :p You'll find your way.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:39 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• ...so ...
    What's the question?
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Just wondering if there is any one out there that feels that way.... Or what those who are so GOD gung ho have to say. Why does it feel like there is no respect for other religions?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It goes both ways. That "respect" word that you used. There are Pagan's out there that DO act like their way is better. Or that Christianity is wrong or not as good as what they believe. ...and in a sense you are showing a demonstration of that.
    Luckily for me i have made friends with a few Christians who have been able to explain things to me in such a way that i can understand how they think like they do. This doesn't make me perfect of course. But it totally helps my tolerance and acceptance of those who follow the God of Abraham. ...Maybe you should go to a local church and ask for some bible lessons.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:14 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• That is a good idea and like I said I understand that I'm not always good at respecting other religions. While I am in no way saying that mine is better, I'm just saying that we all need to try (especially myself because only I can change me) to learn how to be tolerant and respectful and realize that ours isn't the only one and that it isn't better than ANY of the others. But thank you for the suggestion. I hadn't thought of that. I am trying to teach my kids how to be better at being respectful and finding what they believe in for themselves. It's harder when you yourself face issues.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Whenever my sons ask me a question i always try to give them multiple answers. My mom died 5 months ago and they asked me where she went. ...Well, i told them that some people believe she went to heaven and others might believe that she came back as another person, and still others might believe that she came back as a different living thing, like a tree or a worm. And that there are lots of people who believe lots of different things.
    I do this any time they ask a question that involves faith. Sometimes they ask me about what i believe in, and i do ask them if they'd like to join in my wheel of the year celebrations. But i also let them know that i will learn about any religion so that i can teach them about it if they want to learn.
    My oldest is 5 and recently asked me to teach him about Buddhism. He obviously is not old enough to even know what it is. ...But i am learning what i can, so that i can teach him. :)
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:34 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Thank you so much to both of you, I hadn't considered telling my daughters things like that about her loved ones that have passed. Or other questions she may have. My oldest is 4. I think I'm still settling in and finding MY way. I have been so subservient these past few years that I hadn't even noticed that I COMPLETELY lost WHO I was and what I believe in. I didn't even feel like I was a person. I am in the process now of finding my back bone and discovering who I am as a person, as an individual! Thank you both, I know I'm being a bit hormonal as well cause it's almost time for AF but I have felt like she isn't coming. Thank you for helping me!!! If you have any more suggestions for what to say to kids, I would love to hear!! Thank you!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• The church has covered up a ton, and has changed a ton of things. The name Jesus actually does not even appear in any written document until the 1300's
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Goddess would not fit either. We say HE/HIM as it's a concept we and the Bible writers understand. God actually doesn't have a sexuality. It doesn't at all belittle women for us to refer to God as HE though. There are PLENTY of exemplary women in the Bible and women were prophetesses too. And as for mistranslations of the Bible, do you really think God wouldn't able to protect his own word?
    Mamkind

Answer by Mamkind at 10:42 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• How do you know that it isn't a work of MAN SAID to be the work of GOD???? I see no proof. So the reference Great Spirit would fit better?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2009