So we just bought a house and I went tonight to drive through the neighborhood when everyone was home and I don't think we are good enough to live here...

First of all, our house is the smallest one around this lake. Second of all, there are Hummers and Cadillac Escalades parked in front of their houses.
We have very normal cars and are simple people. Even if we could buy a Cadillac I really don't think we would. We are also much younger than the rest of the residents. What would you think if somebody who was less fortunate than you moved into your neighborhood? Would you be pissed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hold your head up and don't worry about them.

As long as you're not letting your kids run around in just a saggy, overloaded diaper while you drink beer in a lawnchair and toss your empties over the fence and don't only talk to the kids when you're yelling at them not to tease that DAWG or get off that rusty car.... I think you're good.
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:52 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't notice unless they made a habit of parking their rusted truck on the front lawn.

You were able to buy the house, right? Then you're good enough.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Nope - we all live check to check. Regardless the size of the paycheck there are always bills to equal it. Feel fortunate
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:11 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Hell no! Good for you! Most of those people probably live way above their means, continue to live as you are and never try to conform and keep up with the Jones'. BE YOU! And if they don't like it....they can kiss your ass! you go girl, and way to go on the purchase of your new home!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I wouldn't be. In my neighborhood there are people who look like they probaly don't have as much money as we do and some who I KNOW make crap loads more money than we do. And I wouldn't give a crap what someone else thinks anyways. Who cares if it pisses them off? It's YOUR house, not theirs and none of their business who lives in it to begin with. Hold your head up sweetie, you are not LESS than just because they make more MONEY.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 1:12 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• No way! You live by a lake, that's more than a lot of people. I don't live by a lake and my whole neighborhood is filled with old people. lol Not in a bad way but they are much older. Maybe they are the kind that bakes stuff and brings it over. That would be nice.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:14 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• hell no
    girl be happy baout your house and dont let anything get you down
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 1:15 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Neighbors are neighbors, it doesn't matter what they drive, or how much money they have it's if they will feed your dogs when you go out of town and babysit lol just kidding but seriously if they look at you for what you have and not who you are screw em! I drive a jeep and my husband drives a dodge and we live in the country, i'm with you i wouldn't want a cadillac, my neighbor lives in a 1970's trailer and drives an 80's cavalier we didn't treat them any diffrent they are people too (well until they started trying to log our property, but that's another story) I wouldn't worry about it! If they like you they like you if they don't oh well, they have big houses and fancy cars, you have a normal american family and a home. hope this helps
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 1:15 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• All those ppl are probably in debt up to their eyeballs & working themselves to death to have that stuff. I would just live your life and dont worry about them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• as mommymeg said"be happy abpout your house" I mean you just said you live on a lake? lol ok even the worst person on the lake, stillLIVES ON A LAKE...so how bad can ya be? those people are not sitting around thinking"oh those folks are not driving cars like us" trust me hon they have their own crap going on.
    enjoy and dont worry about what others think.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:17 AM on Sep. 15, 2009