So basically, everything's a sin then?

fornication, lying, stealing, coveting, wearing pants (in some religions), wearing makeup, wearing jewelry, listening to non christian music, watching tv, or just certain shows/movies, not obeying parents, eating too much (gluttony), birth control, plastic surgery, cursing, drinking, smoking, tattoos, non forgiveness, and the list goes on.

is there anything we CAN do? it's like i have to watch my every step. I know everyone isn't perfect, but lately it's just been like, wow, did i do something that i don't know was a sin today?? i mean there are so many, how do i know? the Bible says that God doesn't judge sins like we do, Big sins and Small sins, sins are all the same to him. so even if it was somthing little, like if i accidently cussed if i stubbed my toe or something, and at the end of the day i don't remember i did that, and don't repent, will that be held against me? i know nobody really knows the answer. confusing!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The only "SIN" in my religion is to HARM some one or Interfer in their life. You can pray for them ONLY if they give you permision. And I don't view any of it as a sin because it all comes back to you 3 fold. There is a balance.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Pretty much all the things we can enjoy at all are a sin. Which makes me wonder why hell would be that bad....
    Anonymous

• who is saying you have to serve God? if you hate everything about him,stop complaining and do whatever the heck you want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• First of all, I don't believe that a lot of the things mentioned even ARE sins. If you believe in the Christian religion, all you have to do it ask for forgiveness...even if you did sin. Personally, I have kinda weird religious beliefs, but I don't believe that you're judged by every tiny thing, but that God judges you based on whether you're a good person who loves him and tries to do the right thing. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I am, so be it.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:15 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• All you can do is try the best you can! God will know what is in your heart. You don't have to try to be perfect. God sees through you, and into your soul.
    Really, all any of us can do is try to be the best person we can be. ...Maybe that would be easier if there weren't so many different definitions of what is a "good" person.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:18 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• In my religion there are major sins, and minor sins. stay away from the major , you can't do much about the minor but you can try hard to do your best. And i don't agree that God looks at all sins the same if that were the case, he wouldn't have rendered different punishments for different crimes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I've often wondered the same thing about the catholic religion. They say you have to confess EVERY sin to be forgiven for it... but jealousy is a sin, and I gotta admit, i have little jealous twinges that I hardly notice before they're gone. I have a fleeting thought that I don't remember having etc etc. I'm with the first anon, though, and so my life is much simpler :)
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:34 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Truth is that NO ONE CAN DO GOD'S WILL.....WITHOUT GOD'S HELP! You have to believe that when you draw near to God that he is a loving Father who wants to protect you and help you and keep you safe. If you have the spirit of a little child, and say you do fall, with God's grace you continue to trust in Him and pick yourself back up. Just think about it like this; when it comes to your own children, don't you constantly find yourself saying the same things over and over and warning them not to do such and such time and time again? And when they are being naughty and then fall and hurt themselves in the process, are you still angry with them, or do you find that you're overcome with love and compassion and bandage up their boo boo's? God doesn't belt out commands or make restrictions because he doesn't love us. It's because He wants to protect us from our enemy of the world, flesh, and devil. Cont'd.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• When you ask Jesus into your heart and get saved you should not want to do these things
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Hinson, when I was younger I was very VERY much a Christian. I can't even describe how hard I prayed for Jesus to come into my heart. And I still wanted to do those things. Not lying, of course, I hate lying, but I still wanted... MORE. More than what Christianity would allow me. I swear to all the gods that I felt the Holy Spirit move me and Jesus come into my heart at one point in my life, and I tried really hard to be a "good christian". It didn't work for me. And it wasn't because I didn't believe hard enough, it's because it's in my nature.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 1:55 AM on Sep. 15, 2009