I dont have any friends, I feel so lonely. I have my husband, but he goes out alot with his friends. I dont have a question, just feeling lonely.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• This helped me when I got out of a long relationship and I didn't know what to do without him. I made a list of all the things I like to do (they must be alone). My list included: read a book at a coffeeshop, take a walk at the Rose Bowl, go to the beach, etc. Whenever I felt lonely, I would do something on the list. It helped me to enjoy my own company. I even got the courage to eat out by myself and go to the movies. Now that I have a baby, I miss that time.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 1:22 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Want to play a game in the just for fun section?
    legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 1:22 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Make HIM stay home with the kids once in a while and have some time for yourself. Go to a MOPS group or meet some parents that live around you with children close to the same age as yours. Find something you enjoy doing to help you keep yourself busy with things other than chores and motherly duties. Reading, crocheting, word or number games, buy a wii and do the wii fit (tons of fun and helps you stay in shape) or the wii resort game (if you can afford it) My DH works nights and I am often lonely too, but I rent a redbox movie every tuesday night when new releases come out, i love to take bubble baths and read after my kidlets are in bed, and I play the wii often too. I also crochet when the weather is cold. I keep myself busy instead of dwelling on being alone or lonely. *hugs* GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I don't have any friends either. ...but my husband is deployed and i'm an odd ball of my community. :) i get VERY lonely. especially sense my mom died 5 months ago. But i'm learning how to make friends. ...kind of.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:27 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I can be your on line friend! i never have anyone to talk to at this hour of the morning add me add me lol
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 1:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i feel that way too sometimes. my hubs is around all the time and doesnt have any friends either and we hang out with my family, plus i talk to my mom every single day, so im not super lonely, but i do feel kinda weird that other people have friends and i dont. ive always been good at making aquaintances but i never seem to keep anyone around even tho i try. it seems like i always have to call them and invite them to something and they never return the favor. im hopin that now we are having kids maybe well make some couple-friends. if u wanna add me as a friend on cafemom, feel free :)
    sammybear71

Answer by sammybear71 at 2:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I know how you feel. My husband is deployed to Iraq and since I became a SAHM, I don't interact with any adults anymore. I know very few people in my city, and don't hang out with anyone at all. Try to find some groups for moms in your area or a group related to something you are interested in and you may find a few moms to befriend in real life. Or you can always make online friends here to have someone to talk to. Also, try finding hobbies to keep you busy.

hugs

JDsWifey

Answer by JDsWifey at 3:04 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• well you'll just have to remind your husband that he is married now. and that he has to spend time with you as well. see if you two can come to an agreement, he can be with his friends twice a week and you be with him three days a week. you can watch tv, together ;go out to eat., or sit and talk having nice conversations sometimes can lead to a good time. or or even do things together around the house that need to be done.and also tell him that you would like it if he saw his friends every other weekend. because you would like to go out and do somethings yourselfs .with him . (by the way why would you marry somebody who doesn;t spend time with you?)
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 11:38 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• op here. when we got married 16yrs ago, it was different. its been the past 3 years that he's made new friends are always hanging around them playing football or basketball.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• we moved to a new town and i have no family here and had one friend, but ever since I became a Jehovah's witness, she doesnt call me as often and when i call her, she hardly ever returns my calls. I always want to go out with her, to the mall or just out to lunch or shopping, but now all of a sudden she's always "busy". and I never preach to her, when we get together we just chat about the kids, hubbys, tv or whatever because I know how she feels about it. even though she seems supportive of my faith. she does ask me bible questions and i always answer her and them move on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Sep. 15, 2009