Heavy lifting...

Okay, I'm almost 13 weeks along, and have had very bad weak, dizzy and shaky spells lately... Found out thursday this was due to my blood pressure going too low... Tonight I got this sudden burst of energy and was bored and re-arranged my bedroom, moving all the furniture including mine and my SO's huge bed... I didn't strain or anything, still feel great actually... Just curious if this could hurt the baby? When I was prego with mys on I never re-arranged furniture. lol

Amy75972

Asked by Amy75972 at 1:22 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Been there done that you will feel like hell tommrow, so get in what you can today even though you feel great now you've stretched some muscles in there. I would be careful of what you lift etc... the doctor told me once i was pregnant don't lift more than 15 lbs, but my 6 month old is about 20 so i can't exactly keep that rule either. I don't think you've hurt anything just don't make it a habit and make people do things for you, i know this sounds completely off but thats one of the perks of being pregnant, no more heavy lifting, you'll have plenty of that after your baby becomes a toddler. good luck hope this helped
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 1:35 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I don't think you are suppose to lift anything over ten pounds, but I may be wrong I can't remember. I'm pregnant again but no one has mentioned it to me. I know that lifting furniture prob isn't good for baby tho lol That is so funny btw and crazy at 13 wks I felt like crap!
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 1:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i moved twice while pregnant, and lifted everything. just dont over do it.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 1:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Thanks ladies!
    Amy75972

Answer by Amy75972 at 1:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• DONT DO ANY HEAVY LIFTING
    riparianah

Answer by riparianah at 5:08 AM on Sep. 15, 2009