Question about depression

I had my little girl about 3.5 weeks ago.. had some family drama go on and I have found myself extremely depressed since then ( I would NEVER consider hurting myself.. and especially not my kids)..

My question is.. I don't have an appt with my OB until the 6th of October.. should I call my PCP and see if I can get an appt sooner with him?

Skye-Angel

Asked by Skye-Angel at 1:33 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Health

• Yes, you should call now and get an earlier apt. You could be experiencing Post partum depression. You ob will be help to help you either by setting you up with someone to talk to or prescribing medication.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 1:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• My OB doesn't have an opening until my appt.. I guess I will call my PCP tomorrow.. I've never been to him though.. usually just go to my OB cuz I trust him.. lol
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 1:42 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Usually the hospitals have someone to help you as well if you call where you delivered.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Well If you cant get an apt just keep a positive attitude and if you need to talk you can contact me... after my son I suffered from PPD. I didnt get help right away and it got really bad. Once I got help with it and on medication I was much better. Now I am off meds and fine. Wouldnt mind being a helping hand, I check cafemom just about everyday sometimes more them once lol. And usually on a good while at night when Hubby closes at work.
    jroseh68

Answer by jroseh68 at 2:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2009