Kicking low~ 20wks~

I felt my baby kick for the first time very lightly about a week ago, after getting my u/s done. Now I feel him/her all the time, pretty strongly. Its great to feel those little kicks but Im wondering if its normal that the kicking is so low. Its directly above/on my pubic area. I thought it would be under the belly button on my belly but its soooo much lower than that.
I see my doc on Monday, but do you think this is normal?

youngfirsttimer

Asked by youngfirsttimer at 1:54 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think your should be alright, depending on what position the baby is in, depends on where he or she is going to be kicking. my ds kicked me very low all the time, they say girls carry high and boys carry low i don't know how much truth there is to that but he was playing kick ball in there and if i had some his little foot might of reached them a time or two.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 2:07 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• You know i am having the same problem! I was just reading your post and in the mean time my son is kicking my bladder and im 26 weeks along. Its not very comfortable. I miss when he was kicking the very front of my baby. It literally feel like hes standing up in my stomach lol. So i know how you feel. I just hope he switches positions soon. They way he is laying it makes it harder for me to feel him all day long verses when hes sitting higher an more sprawled up. I dont know..my son is stubborn already.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 2:53 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It's fine. When they are small like they, they tend to like to be really low and are usually in a transvers or breech position making it easeir to jab you low.

I've always had a low rider. There's nothing wrong.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 9:52 AM on Sep. 15, 2009