What is N1H1?

What is it?what causes it? can i get a shot being pregnant? can my 6 month old get a shot? i'm lost i think i remember my hubby telling me i needed to get this shot but he never said what it was for

Bluesdawg02

Asked by Bluesdawg02 at 2:12 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Health

• We had H1N1 in August actually my son got it at his Montessori school from what we can tell. My husband and I were sick with flu like symptoms for a week and it was not bad at all. We could not get Tylenol cold and flu though as they only sell it dunning "flu" season FYI. My son on the other hand was in and out of the hospital and had to see the doctor several times a week as he kept having bad wheezing.  He has always since birth had a little lung thing so really I don't think it is worse than the flu really. He is doing good now, but I just thought I would let some moms know we had it and survived I don't think it is the kiss of death the media plays it out to be.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Swine flu
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:15 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Oh and I wouldn't get the shot for you or your daughter unless you have an increased risk of getting it (work in healthcare for example) or you have a compromised immune system
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 2:16 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• thank you very much i did some research on it, i feel so silly not knowing it was the swine flu. thank you very much for your responses.
    Bluesdawg02

Answer by Bluesdawg02 at 2:18 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• What is 2009 H1N1 (swine flu)?
    2009 H1N1 (referred to as “swine flu” early on) is a new influenza virus causing illness in people. This new virus was first detected in people in the United States in April 2009. This virus is spreading from person-to-person worldwide, probably in much the same way that regular seasonal influenza viruses spread. On June 11, 2009, the World Health Organization (WHO) signaled that a pandemic of 2009 H1N1 flu was underway.
    What are the signs and symptoms of this virus in people?

The symptoms of 2009 H1N1 flu virus in people include fever, cough, sore throat, runny or stuffy nose, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue. A significant number of people who have been infected with this virus also have reported diarrhea and vomiting. Severe illnesses and death has occurred as a result of illness associated with this virus.
    jakjasjon

Answer by jakjasjon at 3:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2009