How tolerant are you of others?

You know, there IS so much bashing on this site. So many of us are so intolerant. Are you guilty? I am. I like to think I'm not, and for the most part, I'm not that bad, but I do have a difficult time accepting others' points of views sometimes. I think that this site has given me a view of a slice of women from all over the country...and I even told my mom tonight that if she were on this site, she'd see what I mean when I just don't understand how some people can be so ignorant and rude these days. I can't say I don't feel that way, but I do think it's sad that I do. I think it's the approach that a lot of women take. Has this site ever made you feel this way? If so, don't you find it sad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I just hate the bashing. Everyone has different opinions and that's fine, but when it turns into name calling I'm done! Right now the post about legalmommy is really good. For the most part everyone is getting along and debating fair, that's how it should be....
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 2:19 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I know just what you mean! Sometimes it is so hard to ask a question because you know people are going to be rude about it. And sometimes it is hard reading other peoples answers because you think "Are they really that stupid????" I used to never think I was judgemental but I see that sometimes I really am. And it is definitely not how I want to be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I would just like to point out that the only people calling names were the anons attacking legalmommy. They started the hate because they didn't like her response to a question, she was only reiterating her point.
    As to the question...I think that the anonymity of the internet allows people to speak without real retribution, so they say things that they really feel, sometimes the things they would never say in person. On this site it is especially bad because, there is the anon button and people can bash with out getting into "trouble" for it. So I do think it has brought the worst out in me sometimes and I have to check myself on occasion.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i dont bash ppl for thinking different, when people think differently I look at their POV without my bias against it to see if it couold possibly make sense and sometimes it does, sometimes it doesnt but they dont really effect me either way so i dont care if they are ignorant, or just wrong in my POV
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• If i state an opinion i try to do it in a nice way,there is no need for rudeness it is hurtful and completely unnessisary! I hate when people are rude to me, so i try to remember that,but i hate when someone asks a simple question and gets talked to like crap, I mean really there is just no need
    shawndrea

Answer by shawndrea at 3:04 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I wish people would just learn tolerance...

Sarahedger

Answer by Sarahedger at 3:59 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I think I am for the most part. I have never been rude to anyone on here or if I have that wasn't my intention. I can't say that I have never shaken my head at some of the posts I have seen or rolled my eyes but i just don't respond if i have read something i don't like.
    nurbabe82

Answer by nurbabe82 at 9:45 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I'm way too tolerant a lot. At least in real life. On the internet you can pick and choose your battles much easier and if you don't want to deal with something well.... you just don't have to. =)
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 9:20 AM on Sep. 16, 2009