Do you qualify for food stamps? Seriously...

I went to my state's website and I qualify for 210$ a month in food stamps. I was really doing it for a lark, but may take the state up on it. I could really use it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:45 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes but soon i wont, I will be making about 30k in 4 months so i will no longer qualify and wont use the gracing period since I will make so much

if you need it get it, its better that someone actually qualify than someone who just uses it to save money or frauds the system
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I haven't checked, but I know we wouldn't qualify.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 2:51 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• no I dont qualify for it...gross income limit for a family of 3 is $2384 and I make 2700.
    alaskansglmom

Answer by alaskansglmom at 2:59 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• ya. i get 536. please stop with the food stamp questions tho.
    dennysgirl07

Answer by dennysgirl07 at 3:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• yes, we do
    jakjasjon

Answer by jakjasjon at 3:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• we would have qualified last year but I didnt apply for them, this year my husband got a slight raise so we now make $100 too much, funny thing is if i lived in the next state over (45 minutes away) we would qualify for quite a bit, I think its interesting how different it is from state to state.

I only know that we used to qualify because I did apply for reduced lunch at the elem school for my kids. This year I am paying full price for lunches for the kids.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 3:04 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• No i wouldn't qualify, but really who fuckin cares who gets food stamps and who doesn't. This question is like asking somebody how much they make a year. Some things are just personal.
    theutilitarian

Answer by theutilitarian at 3:05 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• WOW dennysgirl and theutilitarian are you two a little TIRED and need to go to bed? If you don't like the FS question then don't answer it. It's a f**king question you choose to click on it and answer. Go to bed and take your attitude with you BOTH OF YOU. Lay off.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I have no idea if I qualify, really.
    ItsMeGigi69

Answer by ItsMeGigi69 at 3:31 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• no we don't but if you do get them that would help you be able to afforda better quality of food. i want my tax dollars to go to feeding families not bank presidents and CEOs. When we had a flood I was able to get 650 in a one time deal i made them last for over a month
    mamak57

Answer by mamak57 at 7:45 AM on Sep. 15, 2009