stay at home job

how could I make some extra cash for my family. my husband got laid off and i really would like to make some extra cash, but i do not feel comfortable leaving the house while my daughter is so small still, to make my daughters first christmas amazing. shes breastfed and pumping seems to only work when it wants to, and i do not want her on formula. got any tips?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:08 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• My hubby got laid off when our DD was 6 months old and i went back to work very part time until he was laid off and when he did get laid off i went back full time. There is nothing wrong with pumping and leaving her home with her daddy. I see no differenace in and SAHM or a SAHD. I make great money and when my hubby was working he was making more but there's nothing out there at all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• You can search for jobs that match your skillset and have a telecommute or remote option. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com . Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization; I also do career & job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms (and dads) with resumes, cover letters, job search strategy & interview prep. Feel free to contact me directly.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:28 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Hi,

I am a work at home mom of three great children that are 4 1/2 yrs old, 2 1/2 yrs old and 15 months old. I was looking for a long time to find something that I could do at home so that I could still be home with my children.

I am new business partner with this team and am so excited about what this business is doing for me and my family! No selling, no stocking, no MLM, no large investments! Very straight forward legitimate business opportunity with a Fortune 500 company backed by the BBB and EPA. I'm looking for honest, motivated people, coachable and hcan be part of a team.

I would love to share what I do with you, please email a good time for us to talk over the phone. Looking forward to sharing my information with you and I know you will be glad you hear this information.

Warmly,

Angela
    Amanzi

Answer by Amanzi at 8:47 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I make extra money working online. I've cleared over 14k in the last year, it's not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I'm doing at Earn Money Online if you're interested. (Everything posted is free)

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:38 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Be a digital assistant for a corporate person. I do for a Real Estate broker. My kids are grown but I dont have to leave my house to work. I make calls, type letters do faxes and what not. It's good, easy $
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:39 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I have created a series of work at home articles on eHow.  They contain excellent resources, ideas and information.  Also, I have a Blog about computer jobs sorted into those that pay via Paypal and those that pay utilizing other means.  You can check them all out at my website:

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:46 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I have a list of wah jobs on my website. They are all legit buy not all hiring... So, apply to a lot like you would with any other job hunt.

www.SabrinasCloset.info

Good Luck

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:06 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I work part time at a retail store in the evenings when my husband is home but given that my paycheck is pretty meager some weeks I also started selling some of my crafted items online, sites like etsy.com are a good way to bring in a little extra cash. If you're not inclined to sew or craft there are still other ways to make extra cash, resale, ebay, antiques, baking part time, plant nursery, etc.
    GinnyGreer

Answer by GinnyGreer at 10:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I completely understand how you feel. My DH was laid off in March. He thankfully has a job now, but only makes half of what he used to make. I wanted to continue to stay home, because I (like you) have a daughter who is nursing as well. I just can't seem to pump enough milk to leave her for a while. Formula isn't an option for me either. I recently found Internet CEO Moms. I work with a great team of Moms; we help people create income from home. No parties, No inventory, No MLM! FREE website, training, and UNLIMITED support!! Just A SAFE, SIMPLE, SENSIBLE, and SOLID ... NO-RISK HOME BUSINESS. The best part is I can make money and be with my Family!!!
    You can have the best of both worlds too.
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!
    Erika
    Check out my website
    http://www.4MyFamilyandMe.com/
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 11:40 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I work at home with my 5 and 2 year old with me at home and absolutely love it! The comp I work with just recently won an award with the BBB for its ethics and integrity, so it is no scam! There are no parties, no stocking of inventory, no MLM. Feel free to visit my website at www.beingunited.com or email me at rebeccabowen@live.com. Hope we can talk soon, would love to answer your questions for you! Thanks
    Rebeca
    Rebecca325

Answer by Rebecca325 at 2:08 PM on Sep. 15, 2009