question about spitting up

My baby is a month old and breastfed. Until yesterday she had only spit up like three times. Starting yesterday she has spit up at every feeding and last night seemed really gassy. Do you think it was something I ate or is she just having a bad day? I just fed her at 5:45 this morning and I was burping her and all of a sudden spit up is going down my back. It isn't just a little. In the past, the few times she spit up it seemed to be when she just would not burp. Now she is burping and spitting up.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:17 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It could be something you ate or you may not be burping her soon enough. Have you eaten anything different within the last few days? Spicy food, etc?
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 6:29 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I would do a run threw of your diet over the past couple days. Did you switch anything? If not there are a couple of possibilities.
    One she could just have a bit of a stomach bug. Are her diapers normal?
    Two she could be getting a touch of acid reflux.

I know how it is to have baby urp going down your back. Yuck. All 3 of mine where that way. And they all 3 had acid reflux.
    Good Luck pm me if you have any questions!
    2murphyboys

Answer by 2murphyboys at 6:41 AM on Sep. 15, 2009