Is it ok to have a b-day party like 1-2 months after the actual b-day?

My son's 3rd birthday is in March. My house is too small to have a birthday party and it's usually too cold in March to have an outside party and too expensive to rent a building for a few hours. Is it oaky to wait to have a party till it's nicer outside? Have any of you done this before? Since my son is fianlly old to play games and stuff I wanted to have a nice party, have some kids games, etc. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:53 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Holidays

• My daughter's b'day was in aug but we are taking her to the beach off-season to save on hotel fees and such. She did have a cake, some gifts, and special home-made dinner with just us on her day. But if you want to have a out-door birthday party with a bounce house, but the birth was in april, I say hold off a couple weeks for the weather to warm up. Or say the birthday is in the first week of school, you would not want to hold the birthday that week-end, wait a few for the big bash. Or say a death in the family......I would say yes there are many reason to put off a birthday party......and you can always celebrate!!!!
    momofcali3

Answer by momofcali3 at 12:13 AM on Sep. 20, 2009

• I don't see anything wrong with it. Just send out save the date cards.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Thats why my Brother did almost every year and sometimes still does with his kids
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 3:07 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I always try to keep the party as close as possible to the actual birthday. I think it makes the day more special, and many people will have already given a birthday gift to your child. Check into indoor locations such as McDonald's, Chuck E. Cheese, or even your local parks 'n rec department. You have plenty of time, I think I'd see if I could find something that would work at his actual birthday.

I don't think it's wrong, but I do think it takes a little away from the actual birthday.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 4:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2009