bleeding after miscarriage question

I had bleeding when pregnant at 7 weeks. u/s showed sac only 5 weeks 6 days on the 18 of august. started bleeding since 26 aug stopped for 3 days.had sex with husband and am bleeding again heavy with clots . When will it stop. Did anyone go through this or had a similar situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:59 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I bled all 3 times for about a month off and on really heavy with clots for a week
    If you are still having alot of clots you should be checked out they may have to do a D&C to get everything out so you dont get an infection.
    Also becareful you can get pregnant very fast after a miscarriage.
    You should give your self sometime to heal.
    We didnt wait adn I miscarried again .
    I had 3 back to back before having my daughter
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:09 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• with my miscarriages i bled for a few weeks... i've always had female issues and i wasn't supposed to have kids.... but everyone is different and if your bleeding big clots for a long period of time you may need a d&c... it's no big deal, i've had one and they put you out so you don't feel a thing...

peenut0602

Answer by peenut0602 at 8:57 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Any time after a mis you need to make sure you get check out by your dr to see and make sure all is clear if your body hold the tissue for to long it can cause alot of problems that you don't want. I am sorry that you have experienced a mis c . I know personaly that it is a hard thing to deal with at times and can be frustrating .
    Haven a D&C is nice because you know it is over. You can also get some pills form you dr to help your body release the clots at home. Less expencive but still effective. I my self have done both and would rather have the d& c. I am willing to talk If you would like someone to talk to that has had both .. I wish you the best with whatever decdion you make your body can take care of it on its own.
    mamagator

Answer by mamagator at 9:18 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I am so sorry for your loss. When I had my miscarriage I bled for about 3-4wks and had clotting. After all was done I did have to go back to the doctor for an exam - she wanted to make sure all was well and back to normal again. If you have not seen a doctor recently I would suggest going in and getting checked out, and make sure all is ok.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• You do not have to have a D&C. Your body is doing what it needs to do. I have had two miscarriages, both very different but natural. the first it was about 4 weeks bleeding then what I thought was normal cycles. I would spot during ovulation and have very heavy "periods". Turns out a piece of placenta did not come out and after 3 months it finally did. There was no infection, and I returned to normal after that. The second, I bled for 4 weeks and it was over. There are a lot of things that come along with a D&C so make sure you read up before having one. Good luck and I am sorry you had to experience this.
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 9:55 AM on Sep. 15, 2009