Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

bleeding after miscarriage question

I had bleeding when pregnant at 7 weeks. u/s showed sac only 5 weeks 6 days on the 18 of august. started bleeding since 26 aug stopped for 3 days.had sex with husband and am bleeding again heavy with clots . When will it stop. Did anyone go through this or had a similar situation?

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 7:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

Answers (4)
  • I bled so bad afrter both of my miscarriages that the doctor had to do an emerg. D&C. They don't do those anymore unless you wont stop bleeding or have big baseball size clots like i did. At least at this hosp D&C''s arent done unless needed. When a D&C is done it immediately stops the bleeding. Did they not do that for you?

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

  • no they said it wasnt needed but the bleeding is not stopping

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:42 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

  • I bled for 3 weeks w/ my last miscarrige. Then stopped & started again for a week. (I actually think that was my period but anyway...)

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:44 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

  • Let's see if I can remember correctly.
    I miscarried in February and I bled for an entire week before passing two very large clots which was the actual end of my pregnancy. I went to the emergency room the next day because of severe pain and they said there was no need to do a d&c because I had passed everything. Then I bled for two weeks I think then stopped for a couple days bled for several days, stopped for a couple weeks then got my period.

    I am sure they checked to make sure you passed everything, right? Also a previous poster said a D&C will stop bleeding, it does not usually do that. My SIL had one and bled worse than I did having m/c naturally. The D&C is just the medical way to evacuate a failed pregnancy to prevent infection. If you are passing clots larger than say peas you may want to call your doctor. They may want to give you a shot to bring on your period or check to see if your uterus has completely retracted.

    Answer by kfroz0415 at 3:00 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.