What do I do? Our son just saw us this a.m. "together"! B.T.W. He's 4 1/2.

Mom2DiegoKharla

Asked by Mom2DiegoKharla at 7:57 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Find out if he is scared, or thought that Daddy was hurting Mommy. Let him know that what he saw was a special kind of playing that mommies and daddies do when they love each other.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Oh, and lock your bedroom door.
    Anonymous

• Nothing unless he asks then just say you were playing.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:03 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Always LOCK your door, and double check to make sure, I dont want my kids to see what me and daddy do, If he has watched tv, I am sure he kinda knows what was going on but if he acts differently, talk to him about it. At this age you can tell him mommy and daddy were playing a special game that people in love play sometimes, but if he knows more about sex, you might just want to tell him the truth.

If he doesnt act different or say anything I might not say anything to him, just depends.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:18 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I agree with the PPs. This happened to DH and me with out 4 yr DD. She was crying and flipping out!!! She had thought daddy was hurting me, She had run up to him and started HITTING him!! She wouldnt talk to him or go near him,and wouldnt leave my side or let him come near me! It was awful. when we tried explaining it she simply couldnt understand. then finally things got settled after talking with a child psycologist. Well thankfully for you it doesnt seem that bad! however talk to your Son. Make sure he doesnt think daddy was hurting you or anything. if that happens to be the case explain how daddy would never hurt you and stuff. If he doesnt (hopefully he doesnt) but does ask any questions i agree with anon "we were just playing a special game mommies and daddies play'. And TIP: double check the lock,next time ;]
    GL
    xomommy25

Answer by xomommy25 at 8:19 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Pray that he doesn't attempt to tell everyone that he comes into to contact with today!
    brymami

Answer by brymami at 8:30 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• From what My DH said...He went in and must have seen "something" he did not do anything just turned around...and stood next to the door. I didn't know that happened and told him to go back to bed...that is when he went back to his room without a word. My husband said at that point he saw us. I was mortified. I went to his room and said I was sorry. and then a bit after that I said mommy and papi were doing mami and papi things. Geesh what a terrible mistake of not locking the door.So stupid!
    Mom2DiegoKharla

Answer by Mom2DiegoKharla at 8:30 AM on Sep. 15, 2009