how long should i wait... to take her out...

my baby girl. is just 6 days old iam a first time mommy.. and well i get concerned about everything and i was wondering when is it save to take her out... should i wait till shes 2 weeks ? and also at what age is it adequet to pierce her ears?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I took my daughter out wellbefore 2 weeks , Went to the store.
    As for the ears
    I sseriously woulld say waiting til she is older Because babies can pull and tug on their ears and may rip the earring out.
    I have always known people to wait til about 4 or 5
    In my family they wait til 5 and do it right before kindergarden
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:58 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• i took my DD out after 2 days , and i agree there is no reason to pierce a babies ears do it when they want it not when you do..
    tammyJHNSN09

Answer by tammyJHNSN09 at 8:59 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Take her out if you like. Just make sure she's in appropriate clothing for the weather. Ear piercing should wait until she's older. ( a couple months at least, but I would say until she's old enough to decide for herself if she even wants them done. That's just me.)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:01 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Back in the day. You didn't bring your newborn out for at least a month or two. Because their immune system/they do not really have one. But now days I see people have their babies out right out of the hospital.

Answer by louise2 at 9:02 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• We stopped at the store on the way home.

Ear piercing should be done when she's old enough to decide for herself that she wants it done and can take care of them herself in my opinion.

However, I think most places require them to have had their first shots. You'll have to call around to places where you are and find out how old they want them to be.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• my daughter was 9 days old only because my FIL wedding and no sitter, i was a bridesmaid. my son we went to wal-mart right after just because we needed to get alot of things, i was miserable because i had a c-section, but he was fine.
    kd2kds

Answer by kd2kds at 10:24 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• We took my kids out right away - it's beautiful out, why not? I wouldn't pierce her ears until she was much older though. Why put her through that pain? It seems cruel to me.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I didn't take my baby out in public until after he was 2 months old. After he got his first set of shot. They don't have a strong immune system like we already do and so many people just don't even wash their hands! Everything I've read had told me to wait till 2 months. Plus it gives you more bonding time with the baby. Too much stimulation in a different environment is hard for a little one.

I'd say going to a family members house with in that 2 months is ok, in the car for a drive and outside in nice weather is good to. I know some people can't stand to be in the house that long, but it was worth it to me. Call me old fashion, but I would do anything for the safety and well being of my baby. You have to wash your hands before you feed the baby even if you are at home so just think, who knows what's on them when you touch a million things at Walmart or Target.
    Wait on the ears, too. GL!

crystal1480

Answer by crystal1480 at 11:45 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Both my sons were taken out the day we got released from the hospital. We needed stuff from the store. Babies do have an immunity against things. They have their mother's immunity.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 12:40 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Take her out just dress her right and for her ear after her 2mon shots that is what my dr and the people who did it said
    ashley012105

Answer by ashley012105 at 1:20 AM on Sep. 17, 2009