• In the Spotlight:

Selling Avon

Do you think it would be weird for someone who doesn't wear makeup or jewelry on a regular basis to sell Avon? I need a way to make some extra income (on top of my full-time job) and its the only thing I could afford to invest in. Its a big seller up at my job. I'm not saying I will do it, just seeking out the possibility.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce). www.ewg.org

Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• NO its not weird
    I personally dont think it is worth it .
    Unless you sell tons of stuff.
    My friend did it once and she always had to buy everything before selling it even the catalogs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:26 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I have several people on my team that don't wear makeup. I don't think its a big deal at all. I don't know if you realize it or not but when you sign up to sell Avon you also get the chance to sell from the Inspirational Treasures line (its faith based products), the outlet line which is clearance items, the mark line which now sells clothes and purses too and the Curves line which is fitness products and also the Avon lineup has tons of products that arent makeup. So no, selling Avon and not wearing makeup isn't weird at all. I have lots of customers who buy every campaign that never buy makeup! You can sign up at www.start.youravon.com using ref code dhullum or email me with questions. I'd be more than happy to help you make your decision :)
    usbornebooksdh

Answer by usbornebooksdh at 1:25 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• No it's not weird. I personally have a lot of people on my team that do not wear make-up, however my business is more focused on skin care and anti-aging products. You don't need much make-up if you have great skin. Make sure you do some research on timings and trends. 1/3 of the population are baby boomers and control 2/3 of the spending. They do not want to look like they are getting older. Check out www.marywozniak.myarbonne.com Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
    marywoz

Answer by marywoz at 3:29 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Personally, I would find it odd that someone selling the product does not use the product to be really honest. I mean how would you really be able to tell me what works if you don't use it.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 9:38 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Avon is a good affordable brand,however I am partial to mary kay(just a customer for now)I think it helps if you are using at least some of the products you are selling.Good luck!
    Nattiesmom9603

Answer by Nattiesmom9603 at 9:56 PM on Sep. 15, 2009

• I mostly use the foot care products from Avon. My niece sells Mary Kay so I'm not going to take that from her. Well its just a thought process right now. My husband is out of a job so I'm just trying to figure out a way to make some extra money without making a big investment. Thank you for your answers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Sep. 16, 2009

• ^^ You use something though. My mom and MIL use the foot care and the face care products for oily skin. They also use the eyeliner. I mean it's something. I have met people who sell Avon and they can't tell you squat about the product aside from what the pamphlets say. I could just as easily ask on CafeMom lol
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 1:05 AM on Sep. 16, 2009