Girl Scout Bronze Award question..,please answer!

My daughter wants to earn her bronze award, and they gave me a packet on it yesterday and it left me with questions. First: it says that she needs to earn two of the following: gs in the usa, gs around the world, gs in the future, and lead on. She already has two of these so does she have to do them again? Second what are the requirements for the junior aide patch and junior girl scout leadership award? (my book is missing at the moment) also what is required for one of the signs? Third: does the 15 hours include time earning the badges and signs, or is that separate? and Lastly any good ideas would be appreciated, she has some ideas but I am at a loss as to how to go about them so if your girl has done or is doing the bronze award i would appreciate input!!

elananme

Asked by elananme at 9:10 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I have two girl scout troops. They are both too young to earn the bronze award, but what you should do is contact the troop leader. Each council has different ways they go about giving the awards. If the leader isnt helpful then you can contact the council directly and they have people there that can help. congrats on starting the bronze award and good luck! sorry i couldnt be more help,
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 9:18 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• If she's already earned the gs in the usa or etc at her current rank, then no, she doesn't have to re-do them. Though you might want to make sure that your Council isn't going to want her to do the ones of them that she hasn't earned. (So like, if she has GS in the USA and GS in the Future, then they might say go ahead and do GS around the world and lead on.)

When my dd got hers, they said that the 15 hrs did NOT include the time spent doing the badges and stuff, it was all "project / volunteer time", but again, I would check with your Council. We've lived in a few different ones, and I do know that some interpret the guidelines a little differently than others.

The other stuff, sorry, but I can't remember it off the top of my head, and it's been a few yrs since my dd earned her stuff. :-)

GL to your dd with it :-)

Oh - as far as project ideas, my dd cleaned up a park / around a pond.
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 9:18 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Junior Aide Award

Guidelines for the Bronze Award

Sorry, I can't find an online link for the Leadership award requirements.

She should not have to re-earn badges she already has. Also, the 15 hours includes planning the project, and doing the project, but not the badge work or other awards necessary, just the actual project.

My Juniors are going to clean up the school grounds, I think.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:05 AM on Sep. 15, 2009