Babyproofing HELP!

We just replaced our coffee table because it wasn't safe, and now, we got one that is great, except when my son crawls under it. I can't stop my son from crawling under it, it seems to be his favorite thing. The problem is that he doesn't duck when he goes under and hits his head on the under edge. Any ideas of what I could pad it with?

COgle3

Asked by COgle3 at 9:13 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• JMO. If he hits his head enough he will stop hitting it.

Answer by louise2 at 9:17 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• At walmart they have table "bumpers" in the baby department with the rest of the baby proofing stuff
    They also have corner bumpers LOL
    We looked all that stuff up because well with how my husband and I were we are scared what our kids are going to be like LOL
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:18 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• JMO also. I think he will learn not to hit his head. It's not going to cause a major injury - maybe just a few seconds of tears. Although we would like to, we can't actually wrap them in bubble wrap :)
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 9:19 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Bumping his head will not hurt him, it's just something kids need to learn on their own. If it hurts, they will stop.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:21 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• It's not going to cause a major injury

That is how my husbands mother thought.
    Now because of him headbutting a table so hard he has a scar rigth across his forhead from where he busted his head open.
    He was playing running and crawling went up the table and bam
    He also has a scar on the back of his head from running to to a corner of a wall
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:22 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• IF your table has a lip edge the padding things don't say on worth a darn, we removed our coffee table for now all together put it down stairs where she cant get to, overall saves the hassle of even dealing with it and gives them more playing room anyways
    tammyJHNSN09

Answer by tammyJHNSN09 at 9:28 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Hitting the corner will cause injury, but OP said he was hitting it while crawling under it. Bumping one's head is a NORMAL child activity. Sharp corners and edges should of course be covered.
    Drewlove

Answer by Drewlove at 9:30 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• bubble wrap!
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 9:38 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Like most others have said, I don't think it's necessary to cover. But they do have covers for the edges in case your child falls and hits it from the top. He'll just have to learn to duck when he crawls under it. :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:15 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• We moved our coffee table to the side of the room when my oldest was little. With my younger 2 we just kept it there and they learned to move around it. They do make a padded edging thing that goes around it if you want. This stage will pass quickly though. I wouldn't do anything about it if I were you.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:11 AM on Sep. 15, 2009