How to explain to nine year old that Needles are Weapons.

My Nine year old DD took one of my plastic canvas needles to school, got a call from the principle, Kid dosn't understand how a needle can be considered a weapon. So how do I explain this to a nine year old with GAD (Generlized Anxiety Disorder) who is also gifted, in most areas except common sense so it seems. I am going to make her write a report, and I need some clear consise information along with being grounded for a week.. Opinions Please.

Dare2Bme71

Asked by Dare2Bme71 at 9:31 AM on Sep. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Get a knife and the needle. Say I can stab you with the knife and it will hurt you. I can do the same with the needle. That is why this needle is considered a weapon.

Answer by louise2 at 9:36 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Anything can be a weapon if it is used to hurt someone. Have her look up the difference between a tool and a weapon. A needle: plastic, sewing or medical is a tool if it is used as intended, but a weapon if it is used to hurt someone. An extreme example would be a chain saw when it is used to decapitate someone. 

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on Sep. 15, 2009

• Show how a needle and a knife can both "hurt" a piece of meat?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Sep. 15, 2009